Make a donation

Author Topic: My blue 1.9 tdi golf . . .  (Read 2803 times)

Offline skylinedan94

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
My blue 1.9 tdi golf . . .
« on: May 21, 2013, 11:12:23 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm new on here but been oggling over everyone's threads and golfs so figured its about time I posted mine, hope you like it....

Currently got full gti seating, and 18' monzas 2 tone, graphite inside
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:42:36 pm by skylinedan94 »

Offline Adriano

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: My blue 1.9 tdi golf . . .
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 07:50:16 am »
hello mate :) your golf need drop
car wihout drop as woman without boobs...

Offline torque777

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
Re: Re: My blue 1.9 tdi golf . . .
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 11:34:52 am »
Like the colour ...had it mapped yet ?

sent using my own fingers

Offline skylinedan94

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 07:55:02 pm »
Hey, - adriano. I've been debating non stop whether or not to drop it or not lol, might do it eventually, not sure how its gunna ride lowered on the alloys....

- torque777.. Yea, it's mapped before, need to put it on a rolling road and get it checked out to see what it's running at right now, as I don't have a print out etc  :surprised:

-latest mod to the car :)
Now I know it's not a vw original  :surprised: and it's an aftermarket one, but had to get something for my iPhone

Comes with plenty of extra features including built in sat nav :)

Offline Jamminjim

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 09:38:39 pm »
Lovely colour and nice and shiny  :happy2:

I agree it needs dropping it'll run just fine with the monzas, you can go fairly low without much bother...

I'm just running budget coilovers (who many scorn lol) but I've got them wound right down with no issues!

Offline skylinedan94

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 10:44:17 pm »
Sweet, maybe I'll look into it a bit more, sounds good, ........ Does anyone know if fitting front fog lights are a pain in the a**e or not? I haven't got front fogs obviously, just wondered, would I just need the lights and the switch etc? Is all the wiring loom there for it or not?

Now it ain't going to happen over night lol, but thought I'd make a list of the things planned over the summer for the golf...

planned

Gti steering wheel
Highline mfd cluster :) hopefully getting sorted with Eddie over next week or two :)
New rear tyres
Spare wheel
Polybushes across front and rear :)
Refurbish alloy wheels
Paint brake calipers Etc
New brakes all round
- few more that I can't remember right now lol..

possibles

Hella xenon like headlights
Front fog lights
Reversing camera, for the hell of it
Centre armrest
New exhaust system and rear valance

Safe to say the bank balance is gunna be in pain this summer haha along with getting my bike through the summer too..
Be nice to hear any advice or ideas etc you got on whether you've done any of these things wouldn't great to hear from you...

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 10:47:08 pm »
Hi man,
nice colour  :happy2:

If you're gonna bother with new brakes might as well remove them or replace them, have the calipers powdercoated for a durable finish.

My mate Stu retrofitted foglights on his car, he made all the looms and did the wiring himself. I will throw him a link to the forum. Sure he can help.

Offline skylinedan94

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 10:59:28 pm »
Cheers man, yeah that's what I was planning, I was gunna take them off and do it all properly anyway new brakes or not but just makes sense too do them at the same time, ah sweet that would b great, you need to make a wiring look up then for it...

Offline stuart-88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101197.0.html
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 10:21:54 am »
Hi mate, I can make a loom up for you for say £30 if you're interested? I can get some pictures of exactly were I routed it from the relay through dash and out the bulk head etc. You will need to buy a headlight switch with the fog light switch trigger. They are oem with a chrome bezel, look pretty cool tbh and I got mine from eBay. It's quite simple to route once you know where to go.

Instagram: stu_nc88

Offline skylinedan94

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 10:49:08 pm »
Hello bud, yea that sounds great, I probably wouldn't do it right away.. If that's alright but I am interested :) yeah that's fine,i need a new one and I liked the look of those so that's cool..sweet if you just let me know whatever I need to know I'm sure I could manage, what would I do about the relay section of it, I'm getting there is a place for a front fog relay already on the car? Thanks

Offline stuart-88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101197.0.html
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 08:43:34 am »
That's fine mate, let me know when you want it :).
The relay section is a relay block where all the wires stem from, I mounted mine in the fuse box department in the panel that's covered when the o/s door is shut. When I say I 'mounted' mine what I really mean is that's where I chucked it, just haven't got round to actually fixing it on to something but its not going to move much!
As I say, just let me know when your up for doing it give me a shout and I'll get it sorted :) keep up the good work, car looks great!

Instagram: stu_nc88

Offline rf860

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 08:58:21 am »
Head unit looks interesting! Where's it from and what's the quality like?

Offline skylinedan94

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 10:29:48 pm »
Right ok cool, sounds swee, yeah Ill give you a shout when I get Round to it and we'll sort it, thanks mate it's coming together slowly :) ha well honestly it's off eBay but from the uk, not china etc, not bad, I mean I'm impressed for what it is, it's got all the perks of a big expensive unit with a nicer price tag, sat nav works great and the iPhone support is good, just gotta get a freeview receiver too and then I can use the built in tv :) defiantly makes a nice replacement for the standard rcd 300 :)

Offline skylinedan94

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2013, 08:46:41 pm »
Hi guys,

Right I've realise ive been gone a while  :surprised: but I've got a few things done on the car now and am back in the swing of modding  :wink: I'm also currently having to get some new bodywork done soon as I had a cyclist go up my back end and dent/scratch my boot ;(

So ive put new rear tyres, front brakes, and a few engine bits...
Now last weekend I met up with Eddie and a new highline cluster fitted  :smiley:

Hopefully planning on getting round to painting my brake calipers etc this weekend, and purchase a new steering wheel :)

Offline skylinedan94

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2013, 11:44:28 pm »
Hi guys, been up to a few more things this week....

Got some seat inserts, gone for gti ones with the pattern background to match the seats :)

Got round to starting the new look on the brake calipers- gone for orange...

Just after one coat- looking good so far. Can't wait for the finished product..

Also got a new armrest coming this week so ill be getting around to fitting that this week and finish the brakes ...

Thanks for looking