Make a donation

Author Topic: ko4 on a ko3 car questions ?  (Read 6486 times)

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: ko4 on a ko3 car questions ?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 09:21:58 pm »
Keith,

While I appreciate you and APR as a whole have lots of experience in the VAG tuning market, I want to make clear that doesn't grant you access to using our site as a free advertising opportunity for APR.

As explained to you via PM when you joined (as I do will all commercial companies) the site works quite differently to many other forums around the world, in that we are 100% independent and don't not favor any one company over any other nor do we take sponsorship or funding from ANY commercial organisation.

If a company wishes to be involved they are welcome to contribute but primarily this has to be for the benefit of our members, you are welcome to include your company details in your signature so that when you do provide assistance your details are clearly displayed.

If you have something you wish to directly promote then please contact me to discus this first, again this will only be considered if this is for the benefit of our members.

This hasn't proven to be an issue for any of the other major tuners or suppliers (such as Revo, Volkswagen Racing, Awesome GTI, JKM etc) that have joined/contributed to this site. All of them have been able to help our members and provide useful input without it coming across as just a company advert (i.e without the use of lots of promotional issues and multiple weblinks). Even when faced with negative comments these companies have followed the rules and behaved in a positive way that only goes to help confirm these are companies worthwhile dealing with.

I appreciate you are used to having free rain over other forums but this isn't going to be the case here.

I hope you can understand where we are coming from and ask if you have any questions to please contact me directly via email or PM.

Regards,

SteveP

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 09:29:12 pm »
Keith,

While I appreciate you and APR as a whole have lots of experience in the VAG tuning market, I want to make clear that doesn't grant you access to using our site as a free advertising opportunity for APR.

As explained to you via PM when you joined (as I do will all commercial companies) the site works quite differently to many other forums around the world, in that we are 100% independent and don't not favor any one company over any other nor do we take sponsorship or funding from ANY commercial organisation.

If a company wishes to be involved they are welcome to contribute but primarily this has to be for the benefit of our members, you are welcome to include your company details in your signature so that when you do provide assistance your details are clearly displayed.

If you have something you wish to directly promote then please contact me to discus this first, again this will only be considered if this is for the benefit of our members.

This hasn't proven to be an issue for any of the other major tuners or suppliers (such as Revo, Volkswagen Racing, Awesome GTI, JKM etc) that have joined/contributed to this site. All of them have been able to help our members and provide useful input without it coming across as just a company advert (i.e without the use of lots of promotional issues and multiple weblinks). Even when faced with negative comments these companies have followed the rules and behaved in a positive way that only goes to help confirm these are companies worthwhile dealing with.

I appreciate you are used to having free rain over other forums but this isn't going to be the case here.

I hope you can understand where we are coming from and ask if you have any questions to please contact me directly via email or PM.

Regards,

SteveP

Stevep,

Thanks for the reminder.  As I mentioned in my reply to the pm I was more than likely going to have some difficulties understanding exactly what that meant.

I went back and edited all of my previous posts on this thread to remove pics, part numbers and links. :drinking:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 10:57:04 pm »

As a member and regular user of this forum I'd like to express the view that whereas I agree that it borders on straight advertising to present information in a certain way, I welcome the information that commercial manufacturers and experienced developers such as APR and others can contribute to our discussions when written in prose.

Regarding which HPFP gillm is asking about as best recommended to use, my response is definitely the APR providing you can afford it.

As I am interested in a HPFP for myself, my research has in short informed me that: APR = Fit & Forget, whereas KMD/Autotech = Fit and make sure you keep checking.

The slightly longer story about the KMD/Autotech HPFP suggests that there is no guarantee on their long term durability – Nor ability to ensure that you do not have fuel mixing with oil after considerable mileage on the pump.

:smiley:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 11:02:30 pm »
^^^ Agree with Robin here.  I really appreciate having the companies on the forum as they are able to provide a level of in depth information we would otherwise not have access to.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 11:05:16 pm »
^^^^
I think that Steve is probably just saying how he doesn't want to see posts which he interprets as commercial promotions.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 07:59:30 am »
Robin,

I do not need you to answer for me, as stated above, as a site we welcome the contribution of reputable companies but this will never be at the cost of the independence of the site.

We will defend this ethos to ensure the members of this site are able to get honest opinions and views on the various products and services available in the rapidly growing TFSI tuning market.

As Keith @ APR has shown he has taken my comments on board and as such this topic needed no further comment.

Offline gillm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 08:09:42 pm »
do i need ko4 oil pipes or can i use the ones that are from my ko3 ?
west tuned gt28 @ 340hp

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 09:15:06 pm »
reuse your k03

Over the top mod list ;o)