Make a donation

Author Topic: My GT Sport  (Read 15759 times)

Offline Biano44

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 14
  • The CC GT 200
Re: My GT Sport
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 10:08:46 pm »
Side skirts and front splitter....Fitted!!! :drinking:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 10:32:23 pm »
 :worthless:

Offline Biano44

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • The CC GT 200
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2013, 10:44:35 pm »
Patience.....it's gone dark now, I'll give the car a quick wash and post some up.

Offline ukshaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 6
  • If in doubt.. flat out
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2013, 11:21:12 pm »
My progress thread www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,66117.0.html
Mods done: revo map, new south boost gauge, rcd510 dab, gti grill, gti colour coded valance, tinted lights, leds, gti spoiler

Offline rex

• Thank You
  • -Given: 50
  • -Receive: 74
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2013, 01:22:21 pm »
Very, very nice!
I like the mods you have done  :happy2:.
Keep up the good work!

Offline Biano44

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • The CC GT 200
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2013, 08:30:35 am »
Thanks Rex.
That means a lot coming from someone who's car I've been admiring a lot over the last 7 months!

Ta

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2013, 09:27:46 am »
Looking nice Matt
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline Biano44

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • The CC GT 200
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2013, 10:38:07 am »
Thanks Ed.

Although you're probably a little biased........half of it is your work :happy2: :congrats:

Offline Biano44

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • The CC GT 200
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2013, 08:46:18 pm »
So, this morning I popped down to Bedford to see a Guru for a small update to my motor.........

Here is a picture of him turning up

This is what we did.......

Old one

New one

HaHa.......Only Joking :P
S3 Alloy Swingarm's and SuperPro ALK and front Bushes, plus a full 4 wheel alignment.

I have to say a massive Thanks to Alex at AKS! :happy2:, What a star he really is. Thoroughly nice bloke, hugely knowledgable and patient.  :notworthy:

Ta

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2013, 09:55:14 pm »
Lovely car & some choice mods you have made. Best colour too  :happy2:

I'm interested to hear about the S3 lower arms upgrade as I have a set I am cleaning up for mine. I chose the same bushes too - how does the car drive now?

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2013, 09:58:31 pm »
Hey man, good progress so far! Can't help thinking it would look so much better with just a teeny bit more of a drop! But it's not always for everyone.  :driver:
Would like to hear about how you find the Polybushes and what kind of difference it made! Was thinking of replacing mine but more for durability than anything else!

Offline Biano44

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • The CC GT 200
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2013, 10:51:52 pm »
I'm interested to hear about the S3 lower arms upgrade as I have a set I am cleaning up for mine. I chose the same bushes too - how does the car drive now?
[/quote]

Thanks.
The difference between the arms is quite small I think but it's a nice, fairly cheap mod and makes perfect sense if you are going to fit new bushes/ALK anyway.
The bushes though do make a difference! The first thing I noticed was that it pulled off sharper! At first I thought I had imagined it but it happened again and again. The steering feels quicker but after spending the afternoon driving I realised that its just the initial movement is more responsive but by far and away the biggest difference was the information coming back through the wheel directly into your hands......you can feel the road surface, in a good way! I find that I have a lot more "trust" in the car........it's definitely quicker over a journey!

Offline Biano44

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • The CC GT 200
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2013, 11:04:14 pm »
Hey man, good progress so far!

Thanks.

Can't help thinking it would look so much better with just a teeny bit more of a drop! But it's not always for everyone.  :driver:

I agree but after chatting with Alex today I'm going to see if they settle a bit more before I change anything!
I made a decision to go with the B12 kit when I went to collect my wheels from Nick (Keano). He spotted the baby seat in the back of my car and suggested that coilovers might be a bit to stiff for what I need and as I do 25k miles a year and wanted to remain comfortable, which the B12 kit is, better than standard even.
If I have to I could move to coilovers but only if I can find a comfy set! I can always put the B12's on my better half's Jetta which is currently as high as The Fall Guy's truck!

Offline rex

• Thank You
  • -Given: 50
  • -Receive: 74
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2013, 06:26:53 am »
Thanks Rex.
That means a lot coming from someone who's car I've been admiring a lot over the last 7 months!

Thanks!  :innocent:

The mods you've made are subtle (not too subtle though) and I think, really highlight the best parts of a Golf.
- I think the brakes are wonderful, not because I have similar ones but I really think these brakes are much better than the OEM ones. Al least for your levels of power, I think they will do just fine
- the wheels are very nice! What offset are these?
- the suspension is good enough to make the car sportier. There are a lot of great suspension kits out but very few people are disappointed by Bilstein. So, in my opinion, another great choice over here (although if you will have track days you may want an adjustable suspension).
- the GTI front valance and especially the side skirts really complete the car. Honestly, I think there is something missing on a stock Golf if it has no side skirts (for the cars that have black front and rear valance there is a big gap between the front and the rear and the side skirts fill up that gap)
- I like the fact that there are fewer GTSports than GTI (or GTI look). Most people like to replicate the GTI look but very few want a GTSport look :).
- doubt the S3 arm will make a noticeable improvement but the stiff bushing definitely make one!

My personal opinion is that a pair of R32 (or ED30) tail lights or OEM LED one look great on cars with your color. Are these in the wish list?
All the best!  :driver:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 06:29:49 am by rex »

Offline Biano44

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • The CC GT 200
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2013, 09:09:44 am »
Thanks Rex.
The brakes are really starting to bed in now and they are awesome......I have so much more confidence and feel in them. I had had second thoughts so many times while I was waiting to have them fitted but I'm so glad I did.
The wheels ET45 but are 8.5inches wide. Lovely wheels but to look the best I think I have to go lower or change the wheels for a narrower pair.
Sideskirts and front splitter were always on the list to do but I was offered an amazing price for all 3, brand new from the dealers so had to snap their hand off there and then. Really easy to fit (did it on friday night) and make the car look so much better.

I have been contemplating the rear lights! I like the LED ones but I like the dark cherry colour of the ED30 lights also........plus I quite like the mine anyway.