Make a donation

Poll

Does the audi s3 engine fit straight into a golf gti mk5 and is all the wiring the same.

Is it worth putting the engine in or
5 (100%)
Is it better to buy the KO4 kit?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Audi s3 engine to fit golf mk5 gti  (Read 11134 times)

Offline Cole285

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Audi s3 engine to fit golf mk5 gti
« on: July 03, 2013, 10:57:44 am »
Hi. I'm just wondering if anybody can help me out. I am looking at buying a audi s3 engine to put into my mk5 gti. I just want to know is it a direct fit and is all the wiring the same. It comes with all the pipes and everything. Is it worth putting the engine in or is it better to put the KO4 turbo kit on my engine?
Thanks  :happy2:b

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
Re: Audi s3 engine to fit golf mk5 gti
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 12:24:21 pm »
Yes its a straight fit. IIRC you need the S3's ECU and your old engines MAP sensor  :happy2:

I hope someone can confirm this - Maybe James??
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline jimojameso

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 01:13:02 pm »
Def better to put the engine in if you can. Has a stonger bottom end amongst other things.  :happy2:
2010 Audi TT RS - Sepang Blue - 420BHP, 600NM

Offline Cole285

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 01:17:00 pm »
Ok thanks. Iv just been and got a new s3 intercooler aswel. Do I need the ECU aswel then or will mine work on it. I am having it mapped straight away aswel

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 01:26:50 pm »
Yes its a straight fit. IIRC you need the S3's ECU and your old engines MAP sensor  :happy2:

I hope someone can confirm this - Maybe James??

This is not correct, you cannot use the S3 ECU and you don't need to. Also the Map sensor needs to be matched to the ECU, so gti MAP to gti ECU.

Back to the topic, yes you can fit the engine, but why? If you only want a K04 the use of the gti ECU will limit the output as the software written to a gti is limited to the strength of the stock engine. So to gain the same as a S3 stage below the gti you need custom software written specific to your car.

reasons for doing this is if you are considering custom software og going bigger than K04 (which in it self requires some sort of custom software).

I have a cupra engine in my gti so i know  :happy2:  :wink:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Cole285

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 01:39:27 pm »
I can get a full engine with the turbo and everything for £1400 and its only done 45000 where as my engine as got just under 80000. Isn't the s3 a stronger engine aswel compared to the standard gti.

If I was just going to put a KO4 on then I will need to buy the injectors aswel. I just fort about puttin the s3 engine in with everything already with it pipes turbo injectors and everything else.

I already have a map on my engine that as been setup to suit my engine. Do I not need the s3 ECU then because I am having it mapped agen stright away.

Thanks  :happy2:

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 02:05:02 pm »
I can get a full engine with the turbo and everything for £1400 and its only done 45000 where as my engine as got just under 80000. Isn't the s3 a stronger engine aswel compared to the standard gti.

If I was just going to put a KO4 on then I will need to buy the injectors aswel. I just fort about puttin the s3 engine in with everything already with it pipes turbo injectors and everything else.

I already have a map on my engine that as been setup to suit my engine. Do I not need the s3 ECU then because I am having it mapped agen stright away.

You have a vw golf gti right?
S3 is an audi, the immobilizer is in both ecu and the clocks, as stated earlier you cannot use the s3 ecu. IF you want the ECU that matches the engine you need ED30 ecu AND clocks depending on the year of your car. And again whether or not you want to get advantage of the stronger s3 engine you need real custom software, so what softwarecompany will you be using?

Offline Cole285

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 02:15:38 pm »
Yes mate I have a gti mk5 2005 model. Ok buddy. Is it easer just to put the KO4 on of an s3 and the injectors of an s3. I have just got a new s3 intercooler aswel.

I have my car mapped at RS running in Leeds mate.

Thanks for the advice  :happy2:

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 02:25:07 pm »
Yes mate I have a gti mk5 2005 model. Ok buddy. Is it easer just to put the KO4 on of an s3 and the injectors of an s3. I have just got a new s3 intercooler aswel.

I have my car mapped at RS running in Leeds mate.

Thanks for the advice  :happy2:

that's the way to go, also your car being an 05 you would deffo need both an ED30 ECU and Clocks as they are from 07 onwards and there's a change in the systems between 06 and 07  :happy2:

Offline Cole285

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 02:37:36 pm »
Ok mate thanks for the advice. I will give the engine change a miss then mate lol.

Also do you have any advice on the lpfp. I have been advices to change it because I have put a APR hpfp on and it's not puttin enough fuel out or it's not working proply I'm not to sure mate. What lpfp can I change it to.

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 02:47:28 pm »
Ok mate thanks for the advice. I will give the engine change a miss then mate lol.

Also do you have any advice on the lpfp. I have been advices to change it because I have put a APR hpfp on and it's not puttin enough fuel out or it's not working proply I'm not to sure mate. What lpfp can I change it to.

the lpfp should not be a problem running k03 not even k04. what lambda values do you have?
I would suspect to rich a mixture should you have trouble already.

Offline Cole285

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 02:50:54 pm »
Just the standard 1 mate. What would you change it to mate and do you know how much they are roughly mate.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 03:16:58 pm »
Cause this is the type of thread that should be in Random chat huh?........................... :laugh:

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 05:58:35 pm »
Just the standard 1 mate. What would you change it to mate and do you know how much they are roughly mate.

Before we go any further we need to know what lambda values you've got otherwise we can't advice you. There's no "standard" one, so you need to log with VCDS and tell us some values  :happy2:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 10:41:23 pm »
I'd fit the s3 engine and just custom map the GTI ECU. Then sell old engine/turbo.