Make a donation

Author Topic: Uprated Discs and Pads  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Cooper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 8
Uprated Discs and Pads
« on: August 18, 2009, 01:13:52 pm »
Just been informed that my discs and pads are going to need replacing in the near future and wondered if any one could recommend any uprated items?

I'm looking to get a map soon and I'm not really in the position to upgrade the brakes to the R32/Cupra/S3 items, or any other BBK, so just looking to upgrade from the standard discs and pads combo.

Having done a search and from reading other threads I know that the Ferodo DS 2500's are a popular choice for pads but does anyone have any experience of uprated discs with the OEM calipers?

Cheers :happy2:
C63
SQ5

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: Uprated Discs and Pads
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 01:16:48 pm »
I used the pads you mentioned on my Golf Mk4 anniversary.

the difference was DEfinately worth the cost of the pads.

I think the caliper on the mk4 anni and the mk5 GTI/edition 30 is the same. 312mm.

its well worth it.

Others rate the Hawk Performance pads very highly too, but ive never used them

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 01:18:36 pm »
I have never used them but I have heard many good thing about the zero sixty discs  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 02:50:59 pm »
i have zero sixty drilled and dimpled discs with tarox strad pads. they are better than std but they are not up to heavy track work.

If i were in your situation all i would do is replace the oem discs with another set of std discs, and fit ferrodo DS2500 pads to them.

then Maybe consider putting better brake fluid in and braided hose and it'll be much better thn before and prob a lot better than if you had used after market discs