Make a donation

Author Topic: MK6 Climate Control - anyone with early MK5 successfully fitted one?  (Read 1594 times)

Offline trs888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
I have just installed the new MK6 climate control in my MK5 and all seemed well, until the hot weather came.
All i have done so far is just plug it in, and thats it, no pin mods or changing any parts.

when i want to put the temperature on anything other than 22 degrees, the fans blow, then gradually over say 30 seconds to 1 min slow to nothing as if theres something being closed off and all you can hear is the fans going but no air is coming out of any vents.

this happens on either of the AUTO settings. The air compresser is ON as chilled air comes out. well until it stops. if i run the unit without the AC on it will function normally. ie as it should.

anyone got any advice if youve done it to yours with success?

ive done quite a bit of research on this, and it seems that ive some pins to swap around. something about motors in parallel and the unit remembering the settings it had when it was last turned on. is that all i need to do? i dont need any other parts?

im not fussed about the air quality sensor for now.

I just wanted to see if anyone could offer any advice or help before i strip the dash (AGAIN!!!)

cheers peeps

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: MK6 Climate Control - anyone with early MK5 successfully fitted one?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 12:47:20 am »
think Darron mortygttdi has done this mod check out is built thread

Offline trs888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
Re: MK6 Climate Control - anyone with early MK5 successfully fitted one?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 02:33:28 am »
Yeah I've read it. Doesn't seem to have same issues as me tho