Make a donation

Author Topic: Drivers Electric Window  (Read 3892 times)

Offline AnSGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 2
  • 2012 GTI Edition 35
Drivers Electric Window
« on: April 09, 2011, 11:36:18 pm »
Apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find any previous posts detailing the same issue.

I noticed today that my drivers side electric window won't go down - when I press the switch I can hear a relay/latch noise from inside the door card but the window doesn't move.

When I approached the car on Friday to leave work I held the fob for a few seconds to open all the windows and I'm positive the window opened,so it's stopped working since yesterday. Anyway I tried it again after discovering the window wouldn't open today and only the passenger side went down so guessing it's an issue with the motor or regulator.

Anyone had anything similar to this and how easy was a DIY fix?

Offline AnSGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2012 GTI Edition 35
Re: Drivers Electric Window
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 11:30:59 pm »
No one had anything similar to this?

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 11:14:29 am »
Does sound like the motor is shot.

A non-intrusive way to check os to do a vcds fault scan of the module.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline AnSGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2012 GTI Edition 35
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 12:01:54 pm »
Well after living with this for such a long time, well the window opened then wouldn't close again and stuck like this, I have decided to fix the problem.

I pulled the door card off and removed the motor (and controller) to get part number 1K3 837 402AD.

Now the motor is attached at the bottom right hand corner, by two hex screw's. I wondering if I can just get any window motor mechanism and swap the motor over to mine - the motor hasanothe rpart number on the back - (Hella logo) 0 130 122 229

Anyone got any experience of doing a diy fix like this?

Offline reaper7881

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,68492
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 10:40:21 pm »
mine just did  this and it turned out to be a snapped cable i had to take the outer door skin off to see the cable

still trying to fix it
54 MK5 Golf 1.9tdi 3dr SMD Full Interior and Speedo Conversion, GTi Highline , Flat Bottom Wheel, ED30 Rear lights

Offline AnSGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2012 GTI Edition 35
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 09:37:49 am »
Mine is most definitely the motor, or at least I hope so. I was able to wind the window up by hand once I'd removed it, when I press the switch I can hear the latch type noise coming from the module controller.

OK so the whole motor has part number 1K3 837 402AB, and I have controller 1K0 959 701N - do VW just sell the motor without the controller?