Make a donation

Author Topic: OZ Alleggerita's....  (Read 56401 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: OZ Alleggerita's....
« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2009, 09:23:54 pm »

And that mm is.......?

....I'm in the middle of dinner and want to watch The Tudors at 9pm! I'll measure it later - I just offered the two caps up to each other.
+1 :happy2:

robin, when dinner and the tudors is over can we see a picture of them with the centre cap on please :wink:
Golf R gone.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2009, 10:27:07 pm »

58 mm at the narrowest diameter : - (why do you want to know? I'm curious)

Pretty cool colour isn't it? Such a range of pale to dark.

Nah, you won't like them, Nathan :evilgrin:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 10:30:19 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #167 on: September 25, 2009, 10:49:17 pm »
robin, they are going to look amazing , bet your glad you listened to me now ? Ha ha

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #168 on: September 25, 2009, 11:10:00 pm »

robin, they are going to look amazing , bet your glad you listened to me now ? Ha ha

....I most certainly am! :drinking:

I'm even beginning to wonder now whether to keep my Monza 18's.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #169 on: September 25, 2009, 11:29:27 pm »
They look awesome robin and make your monzas look "sook last year" haha

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #170 on: September 26, 2009, 12:27:54 am »
love them Robin, the only thing I don't like is the extra set of holes near the mounting holes, for weight loss?, sayin that I'd have a set 2 morra if I had the cash

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #171 on: September 26, 2009, 12:37:30 am »
^^^^
I don't know what the reason is for those extra holes - They'll stop on the bell. OZ also offer these Alleggerita's as 4-stud so I wonder if it's just an aesthetic to break up the space.

The rest of the design is fairly plain and I'm not fussed by those holes even if they are just decorative. They might even be there as a manufacturing aid - I'm just guessing and don't have a clue.

:happy2:

Peskarik

« Reply #172 on: September 26, 2009, 06:39:12 am »
^^^^
Yep, having placed them alongside my car I'm extremely confident they'll still look great on my car. I immediately noticed how the titanium colour visually connects with the greys in the carbonfibre. But I'm not expecting everyone to like them.

^ The weight matched my fisherman friend's calibrated digital scales this afternoon.

1. Do you care if someone else does not like them?  :surprised:
2. That Sergio guy works his ass off. He left his signature on my wheels as well.  :smiley:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #173 on: September 26, 2009, 08:28:53 am »

1. Do you care if someone else does not like them?  :surprised:
2. That Sergio guy works his ass off. He left his signature on my wheels as well.  :smiley:

1. That's a very interesting question - It's usual for someone to want the approval of their peer group. If the vast majority of this community didn't like them (clearly not the case) then I would question my own choice and decide accordingly, bearing in mind that another community/group of people may give approval. I don't expect everyone to like my Alleggerita's - For a long time (4 years!) I preferred Monza's on the Mk5 GTI to all other wheels. Because I am a designer, I have a lot of self-confidence in my choices but one can always do better!

I know from your posts that you're extremely pleased with your Alleggerita's and so I assume you, like myself, don't care overmuch if someone else doesn't like them. I appreciate people being honest in expressing their opinions.

2. I do hope that Sergio's name doesn't appear on every single set of OZ's! I'd like to feel that the name truly does represent an individual's work. Perhaps Sergio is the last stage quality controller.

:happy2:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #174 on: September 26, 2009, 12:21:56 pm »
I'm struggling to find centre caps for my OZs and nobody seems to want to help me locate the right ones without a part number to order off. Just wanted to see if yours were 70mm like mine?

I've got a temporary solution with some BMW ones I've replaced the badges on... but I'd like genuine ones.

Colour is fantastic, I had some BBS re-done like that and they turned from stainless steel to anthracite depending on the light. I've been told what those 5 holes are for, let me rack my brains!
Sideways yo!

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: September 26, 2009, 12:35:08 pm »
hey dude
i know you prefer the oem look but they are the dogs danglies and the colour is schweeet-making me re think satin black on the monzas and going deep anthracite instead.
cant wait to see them on!! :party:
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #176 on: September 26, 2009, 12:38:59 pm »

I'm struggling to find centre caps for my OZs and nobody seems to want to help me locate the right ones without a part number to order off. Just wanted to see if yours were 70mm like mine?

I've got a temporary solution with some BMW ones I've replaced the badges on... but I'd like genuine ones.

Colour is fantastic, I had some BBS re-done like that and they turned from stainless steel to anthracite depending on the light. I've been told what those 5 holes are for, let me rack my brains!

....Re your OZ centre caps: Phone Keith at Revolution247 - 0845 002 3000 - And say Robin (Golf GTI with Alleggerita's) recommended he would help. If anyone can get some, he can - He's in touch with the OZ factory. Those OZ caps are excellent quality. Mine are about 62mm o/a on the face. They're open on Saturdays. Tell Keith I don't like my wheels and I've already put them up for sale! The basterd pretended to me that I wasn't going to get them in time for my trip and then said he was looking at them!

Yes, I'd love to know what those 5 holes are for if there's a reason other than aesthetic. :happy2:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #177 on: September 26, 2009, 12:51:15 pm »
Cheers, I'll ring him when I get chance.

Sideways yo!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #178 on: September 26, 2009, 01:07:25 pm »
hey dude
i know you prefer the oem look but they are the dogs danglies and the colour is schweeet-making me re think satin black on the monzas and going deep anthracite instead.
cant wait to see them on!! :party:
matsu

....Hey matsu! :drinking:

Yes, for 4 years of owning the car I was convinced I didn't like any aftermarket wheels because I felt that the Monza's are such a unique and recognisable component of the Mk5 GTI identity - Same as I still wouldn't debadge my GTI. It wasn't that I didn't like what other people were doing but simply that it wasn't for me. However, I couldn't ignore what WhiteGTI told me (confirmed by Hurdy) about what lightweight wheels add to the handling feedback. I still love my Monza's and wouldn't have swopped them for aesthetic reasons only.

Re 'deep anthracite' on your Monza's - It's a tricky decision: I haven't seen 'anthracite' (or similar) on a Monza and wonder how it would look on what are much larger areas of 'spoke'. So much depends on the shape of a wheel as to how well a colour suits it and also how the effect is influenced by the play of light. The shape of the Alleggerita's brings out the best of their titanium colour. We already know that the Satin Black (often looks matt) suits the Monza but these things are also so personal whether you like them.

Peskarik

« Reply #179 on: September 26, 2009, 02:43:23 pm »

1. Do you care if someone else does not like them?  :surprised:
2. That Sergio guy works his ass off. He left his signature on my wheels as well.  :smiley:

1. That's a very interesting question - It's usual for someone to want the approval of their peer group. If the vast majority of this community didn't like them (clearly not the case) then I would question my own choice and decide accordingly, bearing in mind that another community/group of people may give approval. I don't expect everyone to like my Alleggerita's - For a long time (4 years!) I preferred Monza's on the Mk5 GTI to all other wheels. Because I am a designer, I have a lot of self-confidence in my choices but one can always do better!

I know from your posts that you're extremely pleased with your Alleggerita's and so I assume you, like myself, don't care overmuch if someone else doesn't like them. I appreciate people being honest in expressing their opinions.

Too many letterz  :rolleye: You philosopher you.  :P
Simple YES or NO would have been sufficient.

Yes, I am crazy about Alleggeritas.  :jumpmove:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 02:45:59 pm by Peskarik »