Make a donation

Author Topic: OZ Alleggerita's....  (Read 56392 times)

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
Re: OZ Alleggerita's....
« Reply #210 on: September 30, 2009, 03:23:03 pm »
looking good robin, see you in germany this weekend  :happy2:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #211 on: September 30, 2009, 04:09:21 pm »

McGards however are the devil - replace before they bite.

....My wheels get taken on and off every few months for tyres or other reasons so I think I'll be okay - I have been so far with McGards on my Monza's. Do they 'glue' in fast if left for a long time?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #212 on: September 30, 2009, 04:12:14 pm »

i would ditch the racingline badge down the side but leave it on the mirrors as i think the car looks longer from the side profile and it just takes to much away from the look of the car  :confused:

I was wondering exactly the same since fitting the OZ but I'll leave it a bit longer rather than rush into the decision.

:happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #213 on: September 30, 2009, 04:15:17 pm »

....My wheels get taken on and off every few months for tyres or other reasons so I think I'll be okay - I have been so far with McGards on my Monza's. Do they 'glue' in fast if left for a long time?

No, they either snap the puzzle out of the socket or break the head of the bolt. I've been through a few sets and given up.
Sideways yo!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #214 on: September 30, 2009, 04:38:00 pm »

No, they either snap the puzzle out of the socket or break the head of the bolt. I've been through a few sets and given up.

....Are you doing them up too tight? I used a hand lever torque wrench set at 110Nm.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #215 on: September 30, 2009, 04:56:56 pm »
Yep 110nm - tightened up last and removed first to reduce stress. They're toss and I'm hardly the first to have issues with them.
Sideways yo!

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #216 on: September 30, 2009, 05:05:55 pm »

x2 - Mc Gards by their security have a 'puzzle' in the top, and that is so easy to chew up.  I had 2 sets f'up on my last Golf.  Just running std VW ones now.  The New MK6 lockers are a different design, and may be worth a look.  I seemed to remember thinking it was a good idea when i saw them.

:happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #217 on: September 30, 2009, 05:11:18 pm »

I've not had any McGards problems in 3 years of use. I can't use VW bolts on the OZ's anyway, so here's hoping!

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #218 on: September 30, 2009, 05:29:31 pm »
looking very nice Robin  :happy2:

could be interested in a set myself, what off set are they and how much clearance you got over the AP's, as I know the stoptech's i have require more clearence

thanks
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #219 on: September 30, 2009, 05:52:27 pm »
^^^^
Cheers, James :happy2:

Loads of clearance over the AP's - You can get your fingers in and clean the back of the spoke. I intend including such pics to illustrate when I write my review later next week.

Offset is ET 48 (Monza 18 is ET 51).

OZ offer some great colours too if you're feeling bold but Titanium HLT is much more exciting than other wheel company's anthracites (imo). I can't recommend Keith at Revolution247 highly enough - Great service and good price - He's a petrolhead.

HTH :smiley:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #220 on: September 30, 2009, 06:45:57 pm »

Robin they look absolutely brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you pleased that you took my advice??  :smiley: :smiley:

....YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :drinking:

Not only am I pleased with how they transform the look of the car - Somehow much 'meaner', but also the steering feels so much more direct. It's a mod which perfectly combines with well setup suspension - I can't wait for this weekend at The Ring etc.

:drinking:

Great to hear Robin. I can't get over how good they look! When you had decided on them, whilst your choice was spot on for the functional improvements, I really did think that they would look pants. But from your photos they look stunning!

Steering is great isnt it!!!!  :party: :party: :party: :party:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline ShifterGTI

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #221 on: March 04, 2012, 04:23:47 pm »
Hi all, I am new here and bringing an old thread to hopefully get some answers regarding fitting of th OZ ALLEGGERITA.
I know the bolt type M14/1.5. The only problem that confuses me is that I cannot find the radial seating size of the bolt for  the rim.
I read that there are R12, R13 & R14 and original rims and bolts are R13. How about these? Please help and thank you in advance!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #222 on: March 04, 2012, 04:58:19 pm »
RedRobin was using oem bolts (I know as I needed to use one of his spares at the Nurburgring :scared:), so R13 :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #223 on: March 04, 2012, 06:02:34 pm »

RedRobin was using oem bolts (I know as I needed to use one of his spares at the Nurburgring :scared:), so R13 :happy2:

....Actually I don't think so, John. I had spare OEM bolts because of using McGard security bolts and luckily for you they were still in my boot (to give extra weight of course!).

I'm not sure about the R size and would advise contacting an official OZ Alleggerita dealer.

Offline ShifterGTI

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #224 on: March 05, 2012, 01:46:18 am »

Hey Hurdy,
I can somewhat agree with RedRobin as OEM bolt shanks are not long enough (ideally?) for the 'geritas' it needs at least another 3-4mm more...

....Actually I don't think so, John. I had spare OEM bolts because of using McGard security bolts and luckily for you they were still in my boot (to give extra weight of course!).

I'm not sure about the R size and would advise contacting an official OZ Alleggerita dealer.

Hi RedRobin, I was hoping for your reply and indeed i got that. Thank you! To bring this further, if you are using any of McFard security bolts on the 'geritas', do you by any chance know the part number youre using? I found a table chart specifying the 'R' size but as said above, am unsure which one to use.

Yes, I have contacted OZ directly and fingers crossing that they will come back to me soon. An authorize OZ dealer may not even know as many are quite uninformed with these knowledge - unfortunately...