Make a donation

Author Topic: acceleration screech, video inside  (Read 2821 times)

Offline karl210

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
acceleration screech, video inside
« on: July 10, 2013, 10:31:00 am »
This has been going on a while but its getting worse and worse now, sometimes in 3rd gear it does it from 3000-5000rpm. In the video im in 2nd gear so only does it for a second but its getting louder all the time, does anyone have any ideas because its getting really annoying now.
mods are:
neuspeed p-flo
custom remap
milltek tbe
pcv delete
tried rev d and c dv with no difference

Would probably help if i link the vid :ashamed: 

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=a30j2d98uki1i6c3jijup3k7g1&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: acceleration screech, video inside
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 10:36:16 am »
Im pretty sure thats the intake making that noise.... i have heard a similar noise before on youtube

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=a30j2d98uki1i6c3jijup3k7g1&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 10:38:25 am »
IN fact... here you go!

Offline karl210

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 10:38:58 am »
wish i would of kept my standard air box so i can try it back on to test, if i know for definite its that i will be changing intakes. I went all over it yesterday to make sure it was all tight. Spent a lot of money on an exhaust for it to sound nice and this horrible noise drowns it out. Is it just something with the p-flo's?

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 11:00:16 am »
This noise is made on 95% of other cars that are K03 fitted with an intake. Some people are lucky and dont get the noise. There was a discussion a while ago as people who are K04 dont get this noise with an intake. No one is really sure why they make the noise but it is believed to be down to the design of the K03 having the Diverter Valve as part of the turbo, whereas the K04 has the DIverter Valve located at the front of the engine on the intercooler to throttle body pipe.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline GarethB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 12:26:54 pm »
100% related to a K03 turbo.

As stated above, most will get this noise and it amplified by the intake.

If you want rid - go K04  :happy2:

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 09:47:51 pm »
100% related to a K03 turbo.

As stated above, most will get this noise and it amplified by the intake.

If you want rid - go K04  :happy2:

Or buy a TWINtake  :happy2:

I have the forge kit fitted and don't hear this 'squeal' from the inside on my KO3, a little from the outside (when standing at the side of the road) but only at high revs. Just gives a bit of a whoosh noise from inside the car..

This video pretty much echoes what I'm trying to say:

VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)

Offline Russ_leeds

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 11:26:27 pm »
100% the intake my itg does it quite bad. Sounds more like an out of tune flute  :signLOL:
Black 2007 gti, 18' monza 2, sat-nav, highline, i-pod dock, armrest, 35mm H&R springs, WALK, BCS tbe, autotech front and rear arbs, ITG maxogen, NQSBBK... and more to come

Offline karl210

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 07:39:13 pm »
no-one can seem to come up with a definite answer, dont want to spend money on a new intake to find out its because the d/v is located on the turbo, anyone around the Manchester area that would like to test my intake on their car and your intake on my car and see if it makes any difference? and finally sort this annoying issue  :drinking:

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 07:53:11 pm »
Pretty sure it's the intake bud... the same happened to me on K03; standard Airbox doesn't do it.  I find it does it when your labouring the engine a little i.e low revs, high torque, high'ish gear --- when your high revs, right gear it doesn't do it, at least on mine.

Offline karl210

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 07:54:33 pm »
Pretty sure it's the intake bud... the same happened to me on K03; standard Airbox doesn't do it.  I find it does it when your labouring the engine a little i.e low revs, high torque, high'ish gear --- when your high revs, right gear it doesn't do it, at least on mine.

yeah same with mine mate but ive heard some people say they have it with the standard airbox, gutted i sold mine now

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 08:02:22 pm »
I had exactly the same with the itg and even tried the close itg filter and it still did it. my mates gti (k03) also does this with a twintake fitted.

I'm back on the oem airbox now and its silent again (and drives tons better than with a silly cone filter anyway)
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline karl210

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 08:07:44 pm »
I had exactly the same with the itg and even tried the close itg filter and it still did it. my mates gti (k03) also does this with a twintake fitted.

I'm back on the oem airbox now and its silent again (and drives tons better than with a silly cone filter anyway)

how does it sound on with the standard airbox and cone filter compared to the itg? might just take the plunge and try this

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 08:09:11 pm »
no-one can seem to come up with a definite answer, dont want to spend money on a new intake to find out its because the d/v is located on the turbo, anyone around the Manchester area that would like to test my intake on their car and your intake on my car and see if it makes any difference? and finally sort this annoying issue  :drinking:

I'm in Preston, your welcome to come try my standard airbox.

Fwiw that noise turned out to be a a crack in my turbo and I was losing boost, while your here we can log if you like.

I also have an ITG and thought the noise was normal, and it might have been at the beginning.

Offline karl210

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 08:20:00 pm »

I'm in Preston, your welcome to come try my standard airbox.

Fwiw that noise turned out to be a a crack in my turbo and I was losing boost, while your here we can log if you like.

I also have an ITG and thought the noise was normal, and it might have been at the beginning.

That would be great mate, i need to pick my vcds lead up from my mates in preston at some point anyway. Let me see when hes in and i'll pm you