Make a donation

Author Topic: Stolen phone  (Read 983 times)

ReeceH13

Stolen phone
« on: July 10, 2013, 08:18:37 pm »
Hey all,

Just wanted to vent my anger and make you all aware...

Today at work, a large South American (I believe) chap strolled into my place of work, a Barristers' Chambers none the less and asked for 'directions to the M1' Holding a map. Bearing in mind I work in central London, I was a bit perplexed as to why he would be walking to the M1. It threw me off the scent of his thieving ways. I hold him I couldn't help him and even if he wanted to walk it, it'd take days.

This is what he done: Used the map as a cover, he put the map in front of my face and swiped my phone from under my nose, on my desk! He then left after I was unable to 'help' him. A few minutes later it dawned on me, I was missing my phone, I phone it, got cut off after one ring and then it was switched off!

So just a word of warning, be wary of these people asking for 'directions' or anything out of the ordinary in a situation where it is odd or you feel uncomfortable. I feel so thick not clocking it, why, just WHY didn't I pick up on it! He was standing very close to my person too. These people are professional crooks. The police said it is rife at the moment, so just be wary!

Offline doylebros

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
Re: Stolen phone
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 08:36:42 pm »
God help the next person who ask you for directions!

Thanks for the heads up though, as I'm heading down your way soon.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 08:42:08 pm »
Common practice. Especially in coffee shops.

Offline luckyGti

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 09:01:37 pm »
A renowned trick favored my Romanians, they normally have their children do the swiping while they wave the map in front of you.

ReeceH13

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 09:05:59 pm »
Yeah, I know now, my finacee had that done to her a few years back, with the kids waving a newspaper in front of her...

I thought "silly man, wanting to walk along the M1"

Turns out I was the fool!

I'd chop the Bas%^rd's hands!

Offline pipston

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 10:19:14 am »
same thing happened to my girlfriend in wagamamas on tottenham court road, luckily the guy wasnt too good and she noticed straight away!

really sorry to hear that, i found a galaxy s4 last week in the toilets of a bar...i would be lying if i said the thought didnt cross my mind as my phone is knackered but i just couldnt bear it if id lost my phone so handed it in, hopefully it found its way back to the right owner and not to the barmans pocket.

dont unto others and all that  :innocent:

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 08:44:03 pm »