Make a donation

Author Topic: Oooo.... Replacement car sourced and ordered!  (Read 888 times)

Offline lippyx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 1
  • Coz white IS the best colour!
Oooo.... Replacement car sourced and ordered!
« on: July 11, 2013, 10:11:12 am »
So... VW dealer has finally got a replacement car for me (after we went in with a list at the weekend, and sat and watched him call each one up!!)

Anyway, the deal on the table is full PX price for mine (still not great, but best I'm gona get!) plus 3 years warranty, instead of the normal 1, and 6 months tax. I'm gona try to squeeze some rubber mats out of them when we collect the car  :wink:.

Should be ready next week, but hoping it will be at the showroom this weekend, so I can have a (thorough) look and drive!!

Car is a 2011 Golf GTI, in Candy White, DSG, DAB stereo and leather. It only has the 17in Monza's, so will be looking to upgrade those to 18's.

I cannot wait to see it in the flesh, and get behind the wheel of a performance car again  :drool: (although my GT170 was good fun for a diesel!)

I have pre-warned the dealer that if this car goes Pete Tong, they better be ready for me!!!  :grin:

Lx

2013 Golf R

Offline Frodo-anni

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
Re: Oooo.... Replacement car sourced and ordered!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 04:35:42 pm »
Have you been having issues with a previous purchase?
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline lippyx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 08:17:13 pm »

Just a few!! There are a few posts on here about it! Bought a mk5 GT170 diesel Feb 2012, from a VW dealer, and have had issues from day one, from flat spots of both rear tyres, exhaust sensors blowing, turbo blowing up, and the most recent, which started April last year, was the DPF playing up!! They eventually agreed to replace the car last month, and even thats been a pain in the butt!! But hopefully, we are finally getting to the end!!

2013 Golf R

Offline Frodo-anni

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 10:11:34 pm »
Good luck for the happy ending result and a car you can finally enjoy  :happy2:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline ConeKiller

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 10:31:12 am »

Just a few!! There are a few posts on here about it! Bought a mk5 GT170 diesel Feb 2012, from a VW dealer, and have had issues from day one, from flat spots of both rear tyres, exhaust sensors blowing, turbo blowing up, and the most recent, which started April last year, was the DPF playing up!! They eventually agreed to replace the car last month, and even thats been a pain in the butt!! But hopefully, we are finally getting to the end!!

It might be worth making a new thread with the reg of yours for any potential buyers to steer clear!

VW are going to stick it back up for sale as soon as they get it no doubt

Offline lippyx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 11:02:57 am »
ConeKiller - That's exactly what my OH said!! In fact when I left it with them nearly 4 wks ago, someone actually came in asking about it when I was getting the loan car!!

They say they are sending it to auction, but who knows???

2013 Golf R