Make a donation

Author Topic: Apologies in advance , if these are stupid questions.  (Read 857 times)

Offline Jonathon555

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Apologies in advance , if these are stupid questions.
« on: July 19, 2013, 09:24:49 pm »
Well we now have the ED30 for my wife, so I need a bit of help please.

List of stupid questions.

1. The car has the standard non mp3 RCD300 fitted, I have looked at this on ebay . 7" DVD nav , mp3 stereo. Is it utter rubbish ? Before I waste money

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-SAT-NAV-DVD-Player-Car-Stereo-Golf-MK5-MK6-Transporter-T5-Passat-Jetta-Polo-/400521206109?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item5d40ec995d

2. The dealer we bought it from kindly removed a pair of conti sport contact 3's

3. The tyre pressure monitor is bizarre , the car got a puncture today no warning.

After fixing the puncture and 80 miles of driving a warning appeared. But all the pressures seem fine.

Any help appreciated.

Sorry for the questions

« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 04:13:44 pm by Jonathon555 »

Offline skard

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
Re: Apologies in advance , if these are stupid questions.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 09:35:23 pm »
1. Looks like rubbish. Plenty of decent ones for the mk5 for a tad more, Kenwood, Alpine and I even saw a Zenec NC2010 for £350 on ebay the other day.

2. Yes I would ditch those tyres if you love your wife. I had a 7mm Conti SC3 go all cracked on the sidewall so had to bin it, anywhere that has these now is old stock. I got 225/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1's for £93 each from lovetyres.co.uk, happy with them so far.

3. TPMS is odd, it works after about 10 miles of recognising an issue, it is a passive system. Best to manually check.
What you need to do is with the ignition on, hold down the TPMS button until it beeps, then it 'recalibrates' its knowledge
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 09:35:30 pm »
1. Yes it's crap.

2. Well if I wanted to do fast road or track driving yes, otherwise because they are on the rear I'd be tempted to wait till they wear down.

Add the cash you save to the £300 you were about to spend on that eBay rubbish and buy an oem rns510.

3, it doesn't measure pressure, its rolling radios so if you have a flat it takes a while to register.

Offline Jonathon555

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 09:42:49 pm »
Thanks for the advice .

I will look for a better stereo as advised

We are planning on going to nurburgring with the car , I hope it will go well round the ring and put in a respectable time.
. So I will change the tyres as advised.

Should I upgrade the brake pads as well ?

Thanks