Make a donation

Author Topic: 18 Monza Refurb  (Read 1732 times)

Offline baz_4

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
18 Monza Refurb
« on: August 18, 2009, 10:01:35 pm »
Hey guys, my first post here... been lurking for months!!!

Need some help getting my monza's refurbed.
I'm from Scotland and as far as i know there is only one company up here that can redo the diamond cut finish. I gave them a call and they said they can't do them till November!!

Anyways, I need to know who is the best at doing these wheels and who can get the original finish perfect?

ps. anyone selling some pristine 18 monza's i'd be very interested as I'd love to have my old ones done in anthracite!!

Thanks in advance,

Barry

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: 18 Monza Refurb
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 10:05:48 pm »
Welcome Bazzer.  :laugh:

The only one i know  closest  to you is this one and they do a diamond cut finish.  :happy2:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3338.0

Offline baz_4

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 11:09:38 am »
thanks for the link TC, I saw it when I did a search. i was looking for pictures of monza 2's that had been done! makes it easier to see the diamond cut finish properly.
Distance isn't really a problem as i will probably have to courier them down anyway!!

Barry

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 12:20:34 pm »
thanks for the link TC, I saw it when I did a search. i was looking for pictures of monza 2's that had been done! makes it easier to see the diamond cut finish properly.
Distance isn't really a problem as i will probably have to courier them down anyway!!

Barry

In that case you'd be hard to beat A1 wheels in Wolverhampton. They are not the cheapest in the land but you cannot fault what they do!

Nigel: 07854 962807  :happy2:

Offline u01atc8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 09:20:36 pm »
Mate i have been having the same trouble.. Im from ayrshire and bought some diamond cut wheels but with the black inserts. The Mk6 ones..

Well noone could fix them.. So i went to A1 Would recommend them bud.

Offline VeeDubDan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 01:42:48 pm »
Another option is Pristine Alloy Wheels.  Although based down south they have a national dealer network.  You take your wheels to you local agent, they remove the tyres and send off for you.  You then get them back with tyres refitted a few days later.  I'm up in Aberdeen and have used this service a few times.