Make a donation

Author Topic: Days out  (Read 603 times)

Offline chrispygti

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Days out
« on: July 29, 2013, 10:32:20 pm »
Hi everyone,

Got a week off work next week and want to go away with the mrs on a few days out. We were thinking Thorpe park or Alton towers but thinking its going to be mega busy with holidays...even with fast tracks. We are keen for anything really, whether it be historic days out or something like a theme park. Going to be in cheltenham for the week, does anyone have any suggestions for where to go? Don't mind the travelling to be honest either.

Thanks

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: Days out
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 11:22:43 pm »
Just enjoy the Coltwolds, its on your doorstep. We have family in Bourton On The Water and go every year during September and am still finding more and more to do each time we go.

If you like history, there's Sudeley Castle and Berkeley Castle (to mention just 2).

If you like birds of prey, the Cotswold Falconry Centre is a brilliant and always has a good flying display.

There's some wonderful places to visit, Cheltenham itself is lovely, Stow On The Wold, Tewkesbury, Moreton In Marsh, Lower Slaughter and of course Bourton which also has a great little motoring museum.

There's probably something going on at the Racecourse too.

My dad is a member of the Vintage Sports-Car Club and there is the Prescott Sports Hill Climb this weekend, only a couple of miles from Cheltenham too. Always some incredible pre war motor about inc Bentleys, Astons etc and it doesn't cost a lot and always a good day out. Check out the vscc.co.uk website for details.

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: Days out
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 11:55:19 pm »
London, got the dungeons, zoo, museums, shard, the eye, walk over the o2 arena, plenty to see n do plus some nice restaurants you guys can visit at the end of the day. Oh and its fairly parking friendly too, park at canary wharf or the O2 and the tube is 3 mins walk away giving you access to the entire city.