Make a donation

Author Topic: Black ED30 no.1408  (Read 4307 times)

Offline Donx22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Black ED30 no.1408
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2013, 07:13:11 pm »
 :happy2:
Already bin on the case with DaveB and calipers should arrive from the breakers on Monday! Just waiting for him to let me know where to send him the payment for the kit, (bit eager I know lol)

Get some more goodies today mind......

Full system with sports cat....

Whoops... :happy2: :jumpmove:

Some1 PM'd me about the intake and mount, I can't read them or reply yet sorry as not enough posts but to answer the question from MIlton Keynes and VWRacing on Tanners Drive. Direct to the place itself! I did some work there a few years ago and some stuff for the VWcup so I know the quality of the stuff!

Be a bit of an arse but going to try get the exhaust on 2moro on the driveway but really don't enjoy working on cars on the drive anymore lol ever since a friends mk3 cortina engine transplant in the snow I've never felt the same way abut driveway working lol

Offline absolute

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2013, 11:59:42 pm »
I like it. How's it sound?

Edition 30 #1994 now sold. *cries*

Offline rex

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 50
  • -Receive: 74
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2013, 04:00:55 pm »
Very nice car and some very nice mods!  :congrats:
I have the same engine mount and I find it perfect for track use but annoying for daily drive...
Why not go for a coilover set? The springs are ok but they don't come close to a coilover set!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:52:26 pm by rex »

Offline Donx22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2013, 07:39:10 am »
What is it about the engine mount that you don't like for daily use!? I find it transmits quite a lot of gearbox whine
Especially at low speed! Or that could be because I'm driving it harder...  :grin:

Didnt go for coilovers as this is just the daily for me and the missus, I have a track car orientated mk2 20vT that I get to show ppl up in lol so I just want the Ed30 to be a safe, nippy comfy car. The VWR springs suit the damper rates very well! Has massively reduced the roll nd yaw delay on rear axle, I just wanted it a tad tighter!

Lovely car Rex I don't know if I could do that to a mk5 lol they cost too much! That's why I like to do anything a bitter extreme to the mk2!

After foisting the full miltek system with sports cat.... I decided that it was too loud! I didn't want something deafening! I've heard non res inthe past an it was never this loud... Me thinks I didn't take into account the Downpipe and sports cat! Anyway got myself a "small section resonated pipe" instead of standard size resonated! Seems to have done the trick! It's not boomy and still sporty tho! Doesn't drone but nice when you give it some! Part no is MSVW339 if anyone is interested! Now I have a spare nom res pipe if anyone is interested! Was on the car a whole 21 hours lol and 17 miles! Doh  :stupid:

Offline rex

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 50
  • -Receive: 74
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2013, 04:45:36 pm »
What is it about the engine mount that you don't like for daily use!? I find it transmits quite a lot of gearbox whine
Especially at low speed! Or that could be because I'm driving it harder...  :grin:

Lovely car Rex I don't know if I could do that to a mk5 lol they cost too much! That's why I like to do anything a bitter extreme to the mk2!

Well, it is transmitting a lot of vibrations in the cabin and that is not something I want for a daily drive... On track, I don't care about the low RPM vibrations  :grin:

Thanks! Yup, not cheap by my standards also. But, they are worth every penny!

A build tread + videos of the mk2?

Offline Donx22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 12:12:53 pm »
I have a build thread over on edition i think from ages ago or even clubgti. tbh i never really update them. I may make a quick one on here if anyone is interested. its basically a pearl grey mk2 late 91 spec, 1.8t 20vT lump with k03s hybrid RS6 turbo, custom map, peloquin diff, brembo's oln 288's eeeerr cut and shut rear axle. Weitec V3's on 15" E30 M3 BBS's with Bridgestone Re002 stickyickies! mated to a CTN diesel gearbox.

around 280 ish bhp and 340ish NM and uses every single one of them!  :grin: does confuse most people, esp the M3 drivers  :fighting:

Have to admit i don't egt any problem with engine vvibrations at all with the lower mount. I have standard engine mounts mind and I may replace them with new standard ones as they ahve a fair few miles on them!

Offline ukshaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 6
  • If in doubt.. flat out
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2013, 12:02:27 am »
Lovely car
My progress thread www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,66117.0.html
Mods done: revo map, new south boost gauge, rcd510 dab, gti grill, gti colour coded valance, tinted lights, leds, gti spoiler

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2013, 04:37:55 pm »
I forgot to say thanks for the pics of your car on the VWR springs. Hope you're still happy with them, as I've finally decided to buy a set for mine.
Just wanted to tighten the suspension a bit - same as you, I feel the damping is fine, but I want to reduce roll a bit. Guess I need to also add ARBs to the (growing) list...

Hope all's well with your ED30 - many changes since the exhaust, or completely happy as is now?

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline vw99

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2013, 11:21:40 am »
So good! Keep up the good work!

Offline Donx22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 04:46:20 pm »
so fitted the small resonated middle section and has been bedding in now for about 1500 miles, sounds great, maybe ever so slightly louder than standard but can't nortice tbh until you give it some, lovely note it produces and still not to loud at WOT but definatly know that theres something under the hood now at WOT.

Havn't done much else since really, had a custom map written from my good friend at DubUnit in Tamworth (personally I hate people working on my car, i'd rather do everything myself so I know its done right and not by someone I wouldn't trust to hold my cuppa, but he's the only perosn I would trust and recomend, the latest R32 mk2 hes building is a work of art!) pushing around the 330 mark and mountains loads of torque to go with it, will get it finally dyno'd sometime soon to get a max figure but not really fussed tbh, its the way it delivers it that I love!

I could do with the S3 intercooler now or or something biger even not to sure,  just thinking for wehen i get the HPFP and the map adjusted to suit.
safe to say the clutch didn't even last the mapping process so I fitted the Sachs uprated clutch about a 3 weeks ago. Took about 6 hours and the use of a lift at Ramp and Wrench in Coventy (top block, great idea for a business!)

Have been going easy on it for about 700 miles top bed it in, finally gopt to give it the beans the other day and its so smooth and pull all the way to redline beautifully! until my coilpacks decided to blow up  :grin:
Promptley sorted with the new red top coil pack revision same day and now pulls like a train. :jumpmove:

now my long list of things to do is getting shorter  :happy2: