Make a donation

Author Topic: Private Parking Fines  (Read 2332 times)

Offline AnSGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 2
  • 2012 GTI Edition 35
Re: Private Parking Fines
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 02:33:24 pm »

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 07:18:28 pm »
This is the problem I'm having, don't want to give bad advice as there seems to be some conflicting views..........  :confused:

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 08:10:33 pm »
Remember. It isn't a fine, just a speculative invoice. A fine would suggest there has been a breach of contract.

I've had 3 (could be four) now and after the third letter they stop bugging you.
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 08:21:55 pm »
This is the problem I'm having, don't want to give bad advice as there seems to be some conflicting views..........  :confused:

I guess you should just tell her like it is, that's what I would do, then it's up to her to make the decision. :happy2:  Personally I would ignore it...

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 10:06:48 pm »
Thanks chaps!  :drinking:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 11:39:01 am »
Or just counter-fine them for sticking it to your vehicle as they don't own the car so shouldn't touch it.  :evilgrin:

Swings and roundabouts etc but i wouldn't pay unless it's a council one.

Offline dajonic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 11:07:54 pm »
I'm still dealing with my parking ticket at tesco's and by dealing with it I mean ignoring it. Do be prepared for this to go on for a long time. My ticket was in Jan of this year I think and still get letters. I think i'm currently on the third collection company, and they've now resorted to sending letters in duplicate so giving me more to send to the recycling bin. I expect it to carry on longer but when I finally stop recieving letters i'll let you know. Just hang in there and see it through.  :happy2:

Offline bigeyd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 31
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2013, 12:39:14 am »
The missus said it was a bit like virgin media lol
Just put em in the recycling bin
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 05:09:54 pm by voorhees »

Offline andyR43

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2013, 10:17:23 am »
As I have mentioned in a previous thread I'm a shop fitter and have spent the last 4-5 years doing refits on numerous Tesco and Asda stores. I have had numerous parking charge notices and never paid one.
Anyone who has mentioned receiving a parking charge notice to store management has been told to ignore the letters.  :smiley:

Keeping it original..............or not!!

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2013, 09:03:02 pm »
I've had one and never paid it.

They can get hold of your details from the DVLA and send you a convincing looking letter. If it is a company car I'd let them know you were the driver to avoid your company paying for it and then taking it back from your wage.

Lots of advise on PePiPoo website.

There is a really good article taken from a court somewhere that was interesting to read. The judge tore the parking company apart.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2013, 04:09:32 pm »
Sorry people, been away and had V Festival this weekend...so naturally in no fit state to do anything.

As earlier in the thread, a few of us are stil dealing with these suppossed charges. So, seems to depend on pot luck with the company invovled. Your lesser known companies generally won't comply with the necessary requirments and send letters out based on a % paying. NFA for those that don't.

Others however are slightly more 'clued' up shall we say and in November 2012 the Protection of Freedoms Act came into force allowing these private companies to pursue the registered keeper if a certain number of clauses are met - in a nutshell allowing them to pursue to RK if their 'charges' or letters were not responded to.

Generally the advice has been to ignore them. Depending on the company it really depends whether they'll go full whack and go to county court. Parking Eye is one company that is causing a stir and send a significant amount of county court claim forms daily.

Depends on how lucky you feel. Essentially it still boils down to a contractual agreement. However, a seperate, technical, offence is committed should the RK not reply. General adive seems to suggest engaging in their appeals process and then to a independant body who generally will find in favour of the RK, therefore no more action being taken.

I am awaiting my county court claim form. I am hopeful I will win and have a number of things to put forward, and if I loose, I loose. I am in a very lucky position where their claimed amount is something I can afford to pay so going through to the very end, won't effect me financially. Saying that, it is easy to see why those that do pay up do. I do subscribe to the view that you do something wrong, you pay for it, but only if the systems, procedures and safeguards are adhered to. In my case, I feel they definately haven't been hence my appeal.

So, yes, ignore if you want, but be wary. PM if you want any further info.

Alternatively, join the scene and run the plate on the dash! It may prevent...:surprised:
I am also in the lucky position where my details will no longer be given out but that's down to something completely different. I am happy to help anyone out who is in similar circumstances.
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"