Make a donation

Author Topic: Milltek full turbo back with sports cat?  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Donx22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
Milltek full turbo back with sports cat?
« on: August 07, 2013, 08:35:44 am »
Hi guys very recently put the full system from Milltek on, it was a non res system and thought it was too loud straight away, I head a lot of people saying the resonated system is quieter than oem which is not exactly what I want! A little umppff would be nice! Does anybody know what the resonated system sounds like with the milltek Downpipe and sports cat? I imagine louder than standard as the cat and Downpipe allow more flow... I put the small resonated section on part no MSVW339 and this has decrease the boom a lot, not sure if I'd be better off with a full size resonated box though and sell this "small section" resonated box!
I amagine this box would be ideal for some1 with standard Downpipe and cat and wants not noise without the boom from non resonated and slightly quieter!

Any suggestions from p currently running this or similar systems ?
Ta!

Offline Mandy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
Re: Milltek full turbo back with sports cat?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 09:19:37 am »
I had the Milltek resonated on mine, with Milltek sports cat and downpipe. It suited me fine, not overly loud. It's only a tad quieter than stock when revs are low but other than that I'd say it's got slightly more noise. Open it up if you want to hear it, sounds great. I don't know if I could live with the motorway drone of the non res lol. :rolleye:
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline Donx22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 12:06:31 pm »
This sounds like what I'm after! sorry for the tripple post everyone btw, my phone was saying it wasn't posting!  :confused:

Looks like I will get the full resonated box then,have to say the small resonated box made a hugge differnce, sounds great but proabbly would sounds better without the downpipe ond cat. Need to take it for a slightly longer drive to decide but i prefere it to be descreet tbh... not great trying to drive fast if it just draws attention!

As I can't post items in the for sale intill i have more posts if anyone is interested in iether the"small section resonated" or the non res pipes please give me a message!! I dont want to just troll post another 15 messages to be able to post in the for sale section. i ahte it when people do that so i'l patiently wait to make a proper advert.

have to admit sounds gorgeous though now with the small resonated! so much quiter nbut i think just the extra bit more i'd be happier :signLOL:

Offline Donx22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 05:09:21 pm »
right coupld of days now and its starting to bed in, only 6 m,iles to work so hardly gets warm!

Will take on a nice long drive tomorrow, not to bad at all! NVH Guys at work where seemed very happy with it at lunch time. Its not boomy at all, nice low note, sounds deeper slightly louder than styock but hartdly noticeable tbh, infact i think at motorway speeds its quiter then past 4k it starts to wake up again, 5k its really sounding good and upwards!

So for now its staying as the "small section resonated box" if it gets louder with a few 100 miles on I can think about putting the standard size resonater on but at the moment it seems like a lot of hassle for not much gain/loss in volume! Will keep people updated!