Make a donation

Author Topic: Suarez, Bale & Rooney  (Read 1961 times)

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Suarez, Bale & Rooney
« on: August 09, 2013, 10:20:43 am »
As a liverpool fan I will just comment on Suarez and let United fans and Spurs fans comment on the other two.

I think we should sell him to Madrid, Munich, PSG etc even if just for £40million.

But I do agree would rather see him rot in the reserves than go to Arsenal or any other premiership club.

Are we not all bored senseless of these prima donnas, wish the transfer window closed at the beginning of the season and that was that
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
Re: Suarez, Bale & Rooney
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 11:12:55 am »
As a Spurs fan, im gutted Bale is going. However, Im glad that our owners are sticking to their guns on the asking price - whether Bale is worth £100m is irrelevant. He is worth (just like a car) as much as someone is willing to pay.

I am angered of the reported installments Real are proposing (from what i have read in the press) - £20m upfront and the remainder over 5 years. WTF??? They still havent paid off the money for Modric from Last year!!
Are Real making these massive bids without the means to actually pay them?

If i was the Spurs headshed, i will stick to the £100m asking price and demand that 60%-70% is paid upfront.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 11:13:07 am »
Yup, I would like the following to happen:-

1. Suarez to take up cage fighting and have the crap beaten out of him regularly

2. Rooney to be sold to an oil rich club in middle east (Not man City)  :wink:

3. Bale to go to Real Madrid and we never hear of him again until he transfers back 18 months later

In all seriousness, I think Rooney should be sold to a club outside of UK, was a great player but now just a money whore, Suarez should be sold to whoever will take the liability that is "Donkey-Camel-Boy" and Bale should go and see that life in the Real-Madrid "circus" is not all it's cracked up to be, player power/money whores/massive ego's all captured in a club run by the Spanish government, regularly beaten by a team with a lot less money and a winning ethos (Barca), money made from fans and sponsors  :happy2:

None of the above are in my fantasy team (Turkish-goggles-FC) for obvious reasons.......................
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 11:15:06 am »

I am angered of the reported installments Real are proposing (from what i have read in the press) - £20m upfront and the remainder over 5 years. WTF???

Spain is on it's arse, the government are not going to give up 100m up front for Bale, instalments is what they will offer.........
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 10:20:27 pm »
Madrid are wankers when it comes to fees they always want to ask top dollar for their players but want to give you botom dollar for yours.

Agree no poin selling Rooney to Chelski same as Suarez to Arsenal.

I did fancy Chelski for the league but think Man City will come on strong this year...

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 11:09:12 pm »
As a life long Lillywhite I'd be gutted to see our best player go but saying that if I were the owner Lewis or Chairman levy I'd sell him in a heart beat, £100 MILLION is a ridicules amount of money and buys a shedload of class players. We are never going win the league or Champions league but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try. The real worry I have is how (and when) we get the money. If Real offer £100 then its £100 not "Buy Now, Pay Later".

As for Rooney and Saurez, who gives a monkey's fu*k where those two numptys end up as long as its to a foreign league. The worst example we have or have had, in this country (along with Tevez and Balotelli who thank god have gone) of petulance, greed and (in Saurez's case) bigoted racism. Neither of them would get the steam from my piss if they were on fire. As human beings, they both distrust me.

Where's the loyaly nowadays with modern players? Is it ALL about the money, the WAGS they're shagging (usually someone else's WAG or in Rooney's case, prostitutes), fast cars and the need to be "loved" by all around from the manager, fans and media?

EDIT - sounds like a rant, sorry.  :grin:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 01:23:14 am »
As a life long Lillywhite I'd be gutted to see our best player go but saying that if I were the owner Lewis or Chairman levy I'd sell him in a heart beat, £100 MILLION is a ridicules amount of money and buys a shedload of class players. We are never going win the league or Champions league but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try. The real worry I have is how (and when) we get the money. If Real offer £100 then its £100 not "Buy Now, Pay Later".

As for Rooney and Saurez, who gives a monkey's fu*k where those two numptys end up as long as its to a foreign league. The worst example we have or have had, in this country (along with Tevez and Balotelli who thank god have gone) of petulance, greed and (in Saurez's case) bigoted racism. Neither of them would get the steam from my piss if they were on fire. As human beings, they both distrust me.

Where's the loyaly nowadays with modern players? Is it ALL about the money, the WAGS they're shagging (usually someone else's WAG or in Rooney's case, prostitutes), fast cars and the need to be "loved" by all around from the manager, fans and media?

EDIT - sounds like a rant, sorry.  :grin:

Well said mate..as a long life blues fan,I really don't want to see Rooney joining us as I think he's a time bomb waiting to explode...

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 08:47:05 am »
These players should just stop farting about and just hand in transfer requests. They may lose loyalty bonuses but they have more money than sense already. Then all this will they won't they crap will stop

It is funny though that it is all being played out in the press so near the start of the season  :grin:
Golf GTi Pirelli - Diamond Black, 5 Door - SOLD
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline Palooza

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 11:43:50 pm »
I'm sick of hearing about all three especially when its the same stuff week in week out just worded differently!

They should all just sell each three, who'd play their best for people who don't stick to their words about letting them go (If what we read is true) so its a pointless wage on the books and petty point proving.

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 02:33:57 pm »
what so now they are staying?

Arsenal had better sign someone because if both Bale and Suarez stay can see Spurs and Liverpool being stronger than the Gunners going for 4th..

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 02:51:30 pm »
^^^^ Its all brinkmanship IMO on both the parts of the players and clubs. Who's going to blink first.

I can't see them all being in their respective teams come the close of the transer deadline on the 31st August.

If they all stay, Id like to think Tottenham will be stronger than both Liverpool and the Arse considering our summer signings so far.

Copied from the Interweb, prices in €...

Tottenham $68.2

French midfielder Etienne Capoue from Saint-Etienne for a fee of 10m;
Spanish forward Roberto Soldado from Valencia for a fee of 30m;
Belgian midfielder Nacer Chadli from Twente for a fee of 8.2m;
Brazilian midfielder Paulinho from Corinthians for a fee of 20m.

Liverpool €26.8

Belgian goalkeeper Simon Mignolet from Sunderland for a fee of 10.6m;
Spanish midfielder Luis Alberto from Sevilla for a fee of 8m;
Spanish forward Iago Aspas from Celta Vigo for a fee of 8.2m;
Ivory Coast defender Kolo Toure on a free transfer from Manchester City.

And Arsenal....

French forward Yaya Sanogo on a free transfer from Auxerre.   :signLOL:

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 02:54:31 pm »
Suarez - Can't believe Liverpool wont get rid, he's done nothing but drag the name of the club through the sh*t since he came and has shown nothing but disrespect in this whole saga (personally as an Everton fan I hope he stays lol).

Rooney - Can level with both sides here Utd would be daft not to have decent cover for RVP but on the other hand a player of Rooney's calibre shouldn't have to play 2nd fiddle but to be fair he's not been much good for a couple of seasons now.

Bale - Utter loonacy, Spurs are absolutely crazy for not selling at that price, that money could set the club up for years to come or even help finance the new stadium they desperately want.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2013, 03:46:15 pm »
Suarez - Can't believe Liverpool wont get rid, he's done nothing but drag the name of the club through the sh*t since he came and has shown nothing but disrespect in this whole saga (personally as an Everton fan I hope he stays lol).

Rooney - Can level with both sides here Utd would be daft not to have decent cover for RVP but on the other hand a player of Rooney's calibre shouldn't have to play 2nd fiddle but to be fair he's not been much good for a couple of seasons now.

Bale - Utter loonacy, Spurs are absolutely crazy for not selling at that price, that money could set the club up for years to come or even help finance the new stadium they desperately want.

All good points.

Paulinho and Soldado definately would appear to be better than Alberto and Aspas on paper but... is Bale goes and Suarez stays and continues last seasons form then we could be stronger than Spurs.

Not sure which Toffees to put in my FFL team at mo have Baines and Mirallas...

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2013, 06:14:16 pm »
Paulinho and Soldado definately would appear to be better than Alberto and Aspas on paper but... if Bale goes and Suarez stays and continues last seasons form then we could be stronger than Spurs.

Completely agree. Worrying thing is your spot on with what you say, IMO IT just shows how much both our teams rely on a solitary player to make the difference.

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2013, 09:18:06 pm »
Paulinho and Soldado definately would appear to be better than Alberto and Aspas on paper but... if Bale goes and Suarez stays and continues last seasons form then we could be stronger than Spurs.

Completely agree. Worrying thing is your spot on with what you say, IMO IT just shows how much both our teams rely on a solitary player to make the difference.

Spurs seemed more reliant on Bale last year than we did on Suarez ie we did ok without him when he was banned but only cause of Sturridge and Coutinho doing well coming in in the January. We cant finish 4th without him that is the problem. I hope we scramble into 4th and then sell him to Madrid or Munich next year.