Offline rubber toe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
New S3
« on: August 09, 2013, 11:21:20 pm »
Was in Munich for a few days with work to get a closer look at the some of the new Audi models ,
unfortunately never got any pics of the new A8 , TT or S1 as we weren't allowed.
I did get some of the new S3 and also got a bit of track time with it and also a shot of the new sport diff on the S4  :driver:

Overall Impressions of the new S3 for me are pretty good , never really got to stretch it legs as it was a small sprint style track tho.
Handled most of it well but does still have understeer issues, personally I blame the haldex style quattro .
As per usual with Audi sport models you do feel they should be more hardcore but as an overall package comfort/sport/everyday driving it's a very nice car.
Styling is a bit understated but it is Audi haha really like the quad tailpipes and full led headlights tho
The cabin in the new A3 is a really nice place to be and switching from comfort to dynamic is really noticeable especially with the increased cabin and exhaust noise .
Personally I'm really digging the saloon  :drool:
Only took a few pics and they were with my phone but thought I'd share anyway

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 11:28:17 pm by rubber toe »

Offline rubber toe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
Re: New S3
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 11:33:07 pm »

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 11:35:27 pm by rubber toe »

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 11:40:17 pm »
Sounds like a good day. I was tempted by the S3, but the draw of the M135i was too strong....

Offline bigeyd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 31
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 12:43:44 am »
Audi sold out after the 8L (96-03) models,you can have a lookalike if you pay the money and the S3 has no more distinguishing marks than an A3.money money money in my sad eyes.