Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG Jerky Reverse  (Read 4234 times)

Offline jbenekeorr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
DSG Jerky Reverse
« on: August 22, 2013, 09:07:13 pm »
Hi all,

Let me start by saying I'm paranoid after my mk4 golf breaking all the time.

I have a Mk5 GTI with the DSG box. I've read all the horror stories about mechatronics units.

Mine has no issues but I have noticed that reverse is quite jerky if you are going up an incline and you use the accelerator. If you let it creep itself it is fine.

Should I panic about this or not? All forward gears are perfect.

Thanks!

Saintsteve

Re: DSG Jerky Reverse
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 09:12:59 pm »
Let reverse engage before realising the brake pedal, if mechs generally is on its way, then pulling off in 1st gear will be extremely bad, like someone with very bad clutch control, or the car will be Kangaroo"ing badly from experience .

You could a DSG reset via Vagcom, might smoothen up everything, including foward gear changes , no harm if you have access to VCDS.  :happy2:

Offline jbenekeorr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 09:21:11 pm »
Let reverse engage before realising the brake pedal, if mechs generally is on its way, then pulling off in 1st gear will be extremely bad, like someone with very bad clutch control, or the car will be Kangaroo"ing badly from experience .

You could a DSG reset via Vagcom, might smoothen up everything, including foward gear changes , no harm if you have access to VCDS.  :happy2:

Thank you. I'm terrified of everything, I think I need to chill out! It's definitely fine in all forward gears, may get someone to do a reset. It's just had the DSG service at VW so I would HOPE they'd have picked up on anything.

Saintsteve

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 09:28:50 pm »

Thank you. I'm terrified of everything, I think I need to chill out! It's definitely fine in all forward gears, may get someone to do a reset. It's just had the DSG service at VW so I would HOPE they'd have picked up on anything.

By doing a DSG reset, it will then relearn your driving style and not the previous owners .So all in all, i would recommend doing it, but if if reverse was your only worry, then I don't think you have anything to worry about.  :happy2:

Offline jbenekeorr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 09:31:26 pm »

By doing a DSG reset, it will then relearn your driving style and not the previous owners .So all in all, i would recommend doing it, but if if reverse was your only worry, then I don't think you have anything to worry about.  :happy2:

Excellent, I'll find something else to worry about  :happy2: