Make a donation

Author Topic: 2.0T FSI uprated fuel pump (and other upgrades) advice- Autotech or APR??  (Read 11724 times)

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: 2.0T FSI uprated fuel pump (and other upgrades) advice- Autotech or APR??
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 11:30:20 am »
Thank you very much for this- How expensive are Forge components!!  :happy2:

It's in the link I posted above, £338.34...
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 01:17:13 pm »
The cam follower can be changed easily when you uprate the pump they are only about £25 and its a 2 minute job to fit it.  :happy2:

Offline Rupert

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 03:00:28 pm »
The cam follower can be changed easily when you uprate the pump they are only about £25 and its a 2 minute job to fit it.  :happy2:

Nice one  :happy2:

Which is the recommended uprated cam follower to go for??

Sorry- all these questions!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 03:12:58 pm »
I dont think there is a actual revision, though they did start making them tougher about 5 years ago now. You just need to ask for a cam follower for the TFSI 2.oL engine. Any Audi or VW dealer will supply. It looks like a ickle thimble, the top part takes a battering, and in severe cases disintegrates sending metal around the head and sometimes throughout the engine.
If you look down this page there is a picture of one that has given up the ghost. The guy had to have an engine strip down and clean.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,22082.225.html

This is very rare though, lots of modified engines on here and no more than a handful that i can remember having catastrophic failure. Hundreds in the US though.
If you get it checked on each service you will be fine.  :happy2:

Offline RSM1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 15
Thanks Dario  :happy2:

Would anyone have the part number for an RS4 valve? Is that something that should be replaced as well then?

The part number is 079 130 757 mate and should cost around £35 from your local audi dealer. Its not an essential item and is really only worthwhile if running Stage 2+ software. Basically it just helps maintain fuel pressure upwards of 130bar giving your injectors and fuel pumps a little more headroom. It may also help to lessen the dreaded 5200rpm flatspot that some people have experienced.

A 2.0Tfsi engined Elise eh? . . . .  sounds like fun :grin:

hi
sorry to butt in , ive got a question....
whats the up side?

is it worth installing one these valves if your running a max'd out ko3 set up?
is there a down side?
are there any problem that it can cause?

a little input by some experience would be appreciated.....

thanks
 :happy2:

Offline Rupert

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 1
Hello all, just a quick update (after all this time) to once again say thank you for all the great advice you have given me and that the car is now finished! It is being MOT'd tomorrow and put on a rolling road Wednesday when the SPS switch will be calibrated/added. I am looking forward to seeing what kind of power it is producing- I was taken out in it (on private roads) and first impressions are very good- my god it shifts!

Once I have the car back I will post up a more detailed write up with some photos. The 2.0T FSI is the perfect fit for the later Toyota engined Lotus Elises/Exiges with their larger engine bays. The catch can is hard to get to though (through the wheel arch) so I hope I don't need to empty that too often?!