Make a donation

Author Topic: golf ed30 (cat d question)  (Read 4332 times)

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
Re: golf ed30 (cat d question)
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2013, 10:30:56 pm »
It has been put back to stock on the outside,the alloy's will stay the colour they are now,this is the full spec.

Sach's clutch and dual mass flywheel fitted only 9 month's ago.
Eibach pro kit.
Mk6 GTI MFSW steering wheel.
Tint's.
WALK kit.

As well as the normal Edition 30 spec it has.

MFD2 navigation unit.
6 disc cd changer in glove box.
Highline cluster with menu button.

It has full service history 63K(last service carried out in March this year) on the clock,cam belt was changed at 52k,Cam follower was changed a few month's ago as well as a new battery last month,no expense spared at all with regard's to maintaining this fantastic car and it drive's spot on with no rattle's or knock's and pull's well through all the gear's! :happy2:

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2013, 10:34:08 pm »
This is what it look's like with the steering wheel but the standard Navigation unit has been fitted now as the pic show's the Alpine which has been taken out.

Offline Jayy26

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2013, 05:52:27 pm »
all the controls work still?
is it just the standard oe clutch not an uprated one?
is it completely standard power wise?
and looks really nice and im not a fan off 5 door i really want a 3 door but for such a great car i might have to compromise and rob a bank or somthing ha!

cheers

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2013, 07:35:05 pm »
Yes all control's work as they should do,the clutch is an uprated Sach's(one that is one step up from the normal sach's) which cost me around £950 to buy and fit(was bought from a forum group buy on here!),it's completely standard power wise and is ready to be mapped as I only had it mapped for around 4 week's before it started to lose power but it was diagnosed as a problem with the Intake flap motor which is a common problem and this was fitted only last week and everything is running perfect,it's never wanted for anything and I take great pride in my car's.It's raedy to go and does'nt need a penny spending on it but i'm in no rush to sell but will trade it in if the right car come's along,a shame really as it will be nice to sell to someone who will really look after it.  :smiley: 

Offline 5971danny

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2013, 09:56:05 pm »
Cat d is is when the damage is over 40% of the value of the car cat c is 50%-60, my dads freind worked for a crash repair place and i got hold of a couple of cracking cars cat d, but they were repaired to a good standard and  honestly couldnt tell any difference theres so many around due to crash for crash ! Almost all front end /rear end shunts depends on the quality of repair and will struggle selling id bye sanjs 100% lovly car

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2013, 11:28:20 pm »
Thank's mate,just hope somebody buy's my Edition30 as I don't want to trade it in but nobody seem's to have any money! :smiley:

Offline Jayy26

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2013, 12:10:35 am »
Yes all control's work as they should do,the clutch is an uprated Sach's(one that is one step up from the normal sach's) which cost me around £950 to buy and fit(was bought from a forum group buy on here!),it's completely standard power wise and is ready to be mapped as I only had it mapped for around 4 week's before it started to lose power but it was diagnosed as a problem with the Intake flap motor which is a common problem and this was fitted only last week and everything is running perfect,it's never wanted for anything and I take great pride in my car's.It's raedy to go and does'nt need a penny spending on it but i'm in no rush to sell but will trade it in if the right car come's along,a shame really as it will be nice to sell to someone who will really look after it.  :smiley: 

So will be plenty strong enough for a stage two remap :) was the clutch slipping then! Car only had 50k ha

And I would so much rather buy off somebody off the forum when you can tell somebody has put the time and money into there car and think people seem to trust more with a forum :)

What do garages offer for trade in I can't imagine it being much :o

And true nobody has any money and I just have bad luck with cars having to pay out for things that look fine when I buy it and don't earn mega bucks to be able to shell out the amount people are wanting :( and can't be botherd buying something half hearted and not enjoy owning it

But I do really like yours and I'm not that keen on 5doors ;)

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2013, 07:09:29 am »
Hi I've been offered £8.1k so far from carcraft but know its got to be worth more than that!like I've said I'm probably rushing to sell which I know I shouldn't do but I'm in the lucky position to buy,but if it doesn't sell I'll hold onto it until the right car turns up and make a loss by trading it in.It was only mapped for less than 1000 miles! 

Offline Jayy26

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2013, 01:32:11 pm »
Oh okay that is a bit off a stump and yeh you do what's best for you anyway :)

I wish I was that lucky to be able to buy what I want without worrying ha