Make a donation

Author Topic: eBay / Paypal Advice  (Read 1689 times)

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
Re: Re: eBay / Paypal Advice
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 09:48:05 am »
Agree with the above. You can get scammed even recorded.

I sold something on ebay recently and the seller wasnt too far so offerred for him to collect but he insisted on delivery.

2 weeks later he opens a case saying the item was damaged. I replied back on the case but he didnt reply at all to resolve it. 7 days later ebay put the case in his favour and he sends me back an empty box and paypal takes my money.

I emailed action fraud uk, got a crime reference number and appealed ebays decision and got my money back.

So even if the seller sounds legit, still be careful

Sent From My Samsung S3

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: eBay / Paypal Advice
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 10:11:45 am »
You can still get scammed with Special delivery tho!.

Last year I sent 2 collectable items worth £120 via special delivery, seller opened a case stating that package arrived empty (utter crap as items were packed in jiffy envelope and placed in a box with plenty of tape sealing it, not sure why anyone would sign for a empty box.............(thieving tosser), paypal sided with him as I could not provide "Photographic evidence of items packed in the box!!!!!!!!!!!), they refunded him in full!!.

On sunday he bought something from us again (Worth £200), I called Ebay and spoke to them about it, I refunded the chap stating we would not be getting ripped off by him again, Ebay have already agreed to remove any feedback he may leave!

I'm surprised you continued to use eBay after that. The place is awful for sellers. It's a wonder anyone sells on there at all tbh.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 10:59:06 am »
Sorry to hear about that mate.  I've now taken a shed load of photos before during and after packing. :happy2:

I've been scammed before, that was with a digital download that I couldn't provide a tracking number for... Duh, it's a download, so I don't offer any downloads via direct Paypal purchase now and go through a third party, in this instance Prestashop plugins library, where there is proof they've downloaded the item and Prestashop will dispute it for you.

Another scam is credit card charge backs, where they get their CC company to dispute the transaction and PP side with the CC company, whether this overrides proof of delivery, photos etc...

Then there's someone paying for stuff with PP then wanting to pick up the item... If they do there's no proof you've sent it, so they get the item and their money back.... It's rife, but hopefully I've done absolutely everything to cover me here.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 01:07:11 pm »
You can still get scammed with Special delivery tho!.

Last year I sent 2 collectable items worth £120 via special delivery, seller opened a case stating that package arrived empty (utter crap as items were packed in jiffy envelope and placed in a box with plenty of tape sealing it, not sure why anyone would sign for a empty box.............(thieving tosser), paypal sided with him as I could not provide "Photographic evidence of items packed in the box!!!!!!!!!!!), they refunded him in full!!.

On sunday he bought something from us again (Worth £200), I called Ebay and spoke to them about it, I refunded the chap stating we would not be getting ripped off by him again, Ebay have already agreed to remove any feedback he may leave!

I'm surprised you continued to use eBay after that. The place is awful for sellers. It's a wonder anyone sells on there at all tbh.

I sell on ebay and have several accounts with feedback totalling 30000+ so I have to use it, I just block certain buyers and scammers.

Another one to watch out for is someone buying then paying with paypal (With address stated on paypal) then e,mailing asking you to post to a different address as they are not at home/work that week and would prefer you to ship to different address..... DONT DO IT, scammers, reply politely and say no problem I will refund your payment you can update your paypal address and re-pay, they often don't reply after that!  :happy2:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14