Make a donation

Author Topic: Lumpy Idle, Fault codes P1297 and P1093  (Read 5252 times)

Offline mkmg76

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Lumpy Idle, Fault codes P1297 and P1093
« on: August 18, 2013, 01:13:35 am »

Hi, i've seen this covered on a few sites but just wanted to post here with related codes obtained from my car for future reference.

Car is a VW Golf 5 GTI 2006 and was running fine but when it came to a halt at traffic lights it began to idle erratically with some misfiring. I've recently had the FOC coilpack recall done by VW and thought initially that it could have been a faulty coil pack, however i swapped them all over with items which i knew were good and no change.

So......I work for Hella Ireland and we have some Hella Gutmann scanners around so after a quick scan I came up with (a) code P1297 and (b) code P1093. The explanation for these codes were : (a) Turbo to Throttle valve connection pressure loss and also (b) Bank 1, Fuel Measuring System 2: Malfunction.

After some digging around online I found that people had come across these codes seperately in the past but nobody appeared to list them together, hence the post here.

Long story short, it came down to what everybody seemed to encounter for either of these codes separately, i.e.: PCV failure. After a quick removal and inspection, sure enough, it was obviously broken, rattling around inside the housing and unable to create a seal. I managed to get one from VW today(on a Saturday believe it or not) at a cost of €48.00 incl Vat. I swapped the old for new and the car idled perfectly again.  :happy2:

I realise that this topic has been covered so this post is just to try to help anyone trying to find a possible explanation for the afore mentioned codes should they arise together.

Just FYI: the part number for the latest revision PCV (as of today 18th August 2013) is: 06F 129 101 N

The part number should anyone want it for the Diverter Valve is either: 06F 145 710 G (replacements are: 06F 145 710 C,F,D,G ONLY) or 06h 145 710 D (replacement item is: 06H 145 710 H ONLY). The VW parts guy explained that these revisions should only be used in conjunction with whatever unit you remove from your car and should not be crossed over.

I didn't change this part but I did find while googling that it was also a common failure and was next on my replacement list if the PCV didn't cure the problem.

Hope this helps someone.