Make a donation

Author Topic: S3 member  (Read 915 times)

Offline H17YD_L

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
S3 member
« on: August 25, 2013, 05:21:40 pm »
Hi All, just thought I'd post in here to introduce my car!
Hope you don't mind having me here in the S3, Been lurking for a while and got nearly all my info about tuning my car so here it is up to now:

S3 DSG, running stage 2+ R-tech and soon to be DSG too (Nick's just writing the map for the DSG) I have BCS downpipe and de-cat, milltek non res cat back, Autotech fuel pump internals, neuspeed p-flo induction kit and as of today and shinny new black Airtec intercooler.

Without the cooler on  the car made 337bhp and 364lb/ft so when i go back to R-tech for the DSG software i'm hoping Nick can give me a bit more power as he said the only thing holding me back was the stock intercooler as its a newer S3 cooler with plastic end tanks they are rubbish by all accounts! So in with the Airtec.

S3 Sportback S-Tronic GONE... MK7 R on order

Offline bigeyd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 31
Re: S3 member
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 07:35:52 pm »
Hope they aren't rubbish as I have one fitted (S3 Intercooler)
It'd be interesting to see what power you end up with as I have similar on my Ed 30 DSG with same mods

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 08:06:48 pm »
welcome to the forum..very nice mods

Offline H17YD_L

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 10:40:49 am »
Thanks for the welcome!

Apparently it's all to do with how the cooler flows as well as its cooling ability. Let hope it flows better now after buying it lol.

Went out last night an it's definitely improved, there's no let up on power, even the girlfriend said that's mad how much of a difference the air thing has made! Lol, she's learning!
S3 Sportback S-Tronic GONE... MK7 R on order