Make a donation

Author Topic: New guy from Wolverhampton - Looking for a MK5  (Read 740 times)

bondbill2k2

New guy from Wolverhampton - Looking for a MK5
« on: August 19, 2013, 03:38:53 pm »
Hey I'm a newbie here but not new to VW's having owned some pretty boring ones a 1.4 mk2, mk3 and mk4 (which ended up with piston ring failure 200 miles after purchase) Since then I ended up getting Ford diesels and for 5 months early this year a R56 Cooper-S however back in April I sold the mini due to reliability issues and purchased a Fiesta ST.

Having had the cooper-s I'm missing the boost and power from the cooper-s, a mate of mine just purchased a MK5 R32, wow  :laugh: what a great car and Ive decided to go back to the VAG side and ge a MK5. I find my ST is fairly thirsty for a car with just 150bhp, I tend to get 32mpg daily commute in mixed traffic about 12 miles each way and motorway driving high 30's so from what I've read on here I can expect very similar figures in a GTI? I'd heard bad things about the GTIs economy and began looking at GT TDI 140's and 170's but at heart I'd always of prefered the GTI.

Anyway heres a photo taken at the Tatton VW show a few weeks back of my current car (up fo sale next week if anyone wants)

Offline Rachael

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Re: New guy from Wolverhampton - Looking for a MK5
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 12:16:01 am »
Welcome!

I like the fiesta st's, however my brother had one, and compared to the golf, well there's just no comparison!

I drive 14 miles to work, dual carrigeways and the dreaded hagley road, I get averagely 28-30mpg.

Get a stage one remap and youre away!

Good luck on the hunt  :smiley:

Offline MizGTi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: New guy from Wolverhampton - Looking for a MK5
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 05:39:45 am »
I have a similar commute to you. And on stage one i get on average 32-34 mpg. Usually drive sensible on the commute to work. But when running late im lucky to see 16 mpg. But its all part of having a GTi. You wont regret it.