Make a donation

Author Topic: Parking  (Read 791 times)

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 23
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92229.msg927100.html#msg927100
Parking
« on: August 19, 2013, 03:45:15 pm »
Just after a safe spot to park my car in the Preston area around September that is close to Uclan university on the main campus as last year I found out a lot of parking areas are permit only and I'm not eligible as I'll be moving down to that area in student accommodation..

So if anyone in that area or knows the area well and can help me out on where is safe to park free of charge and not to park and point me in the direction I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

Carl.

Offline SRC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 27
Re: Parking
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 06:03:13 pm »
First, congratulations on starting life at university.

I'm afraid I don't know Preston, but my advice would be to keep moving your car.  If someone wants it and sees it in one spot regularly, you're making it too easy for them.

Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18" Monzas, MFSW. 
Full list of mods:  Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener.  Each worth 20bhp.

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 03:04:32 am »
First, congratulations on starting life at university.

I'm afraid I don't know Preston, but my advice would be to keep moving your car.  If someone wants it and sees it in one spot regularly, you're making it too easy for them.

Agreed I'm at Uni Canterbury and move my car regulary, this way I could stay on campus and if not it wouldn't be anywhere long enough for anyone to realise, just remember to make regular checks incase any damage occurs, mate got his wing mirror kicked off his fiesta

Also congratulations, welcome to the easiest part of life!

Tommy

Its just a way of life.

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92229.msg927100.html#msg927100
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 03:33:20 pm »
Haha your right there about the easy part..

Thanks for the good advice.. Will make sure I keep an eye out for damage and make sure I keep moving it..

Good luck for you at Canterbury too  :smiley: :happy2:

Offline doylebros

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 06:50:37 pm »
What about using this service:-

https://www.parkatmyhouse.com/?cat=generic&gclid=COO03MHKjLkCFTPItAod2QsA5w

See if anyone has anything which works for you and do a deal for the duration - peace of mind means better results!

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 07:59:51 pm »
Bit costly for me as a uni student as any money I have is for my weekly food shop otherwise it would be ideal but thanks for the heads up.. Think the other two guys have probably the best idea realistically so far

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 08:49:33 pm »
Bit costly for me as a uni student as any money I have is for my weekly food shop otherwise it would be ideal but thanks for the heads up.. Think the other two guys have probably the best idea realistically so far

Why not take it into your own hands? I know it may be a bit of a risk but find somewhere that looks half decent knock on the door and ask if they would "rent" you a space? More risky than the website but if you aim for an old couple or something it's better than roads?

Tommy

Its just a way of life.