Make a donation

Author Topic: Look whats just arrived...with logging data  (Read 16458 times)

Phil Mcavity

Re: Look whats just arrived...with logging data
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2009, 10:39:38 pm »
You sly old fox Hedge!!  :happy2:

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2009, 11:08:40 pm »
I have superchips stage one (and im dsg too) and i am surprised by your reaction and the problems you've mentioned, i loaded my map on drove about a mile to the motor way and cained it and couldnt believe the difference immediately it was completely different and havent had any problems with the 'lag'... At least its staring to get better though the more your driving it  :jumpmove:
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2009, 07:46:00 am »
You sly old fox Hedge!!  :happy2:

You snooze you loose.  :wink:  :booty:

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2009, 09:15:06 am »
Steve - I did not like their first map I am know running a custom bluefin map - I'll go out to the car get my serial number and maybe you could ask superchips to emulate this map to yours (albeit mine is a manual yours is DSG). 

I felt that in first and second that their "off the shelf" intial map gave very poor performance.  The one I have now has 20Nm less torque at top but has a greater spread below.

Hang in there Steve - I didn't know what to think either intially - BUT now I wouldn't swap it for the world. 

PM your tel number and I'll give you a ring,

.... hang on for that serial number ...

Regards,

Gareth

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline RobsCupra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2009, 11:50:39 am »
Steve - I did not like their first map I am know running a custom bluefin map - I'll go out to the car get my serial number and maybe you could ask superchips to emulate this map to yours (albeit mine is a manual yours is DSG). 

I felt that in first and second that their "off the shelf" intial map gave very poor performance.  The one I have now has 20Nm less torque at top but has a greater spread below.

Hang in there Steve - I didn't know what to think either intially - BUT now I wouldn't swap it for the world. 

Regards,

Gareth

How did you go about getting a custome bluefin map from SC? And how much did it cost?
MK2 Leon Cupra - Red with a few bits and bobs...!!

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2009, 12:48:29 pm »
Dropped into a place near me that advertises sc. They want £435 and you don't get the bluefin module!!! At least they didn't say so if they do include it  :stupid:

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2009, 01:28:57 pm »
^^^ They will be offering the normal direct upload to ECU type mapping.

Go direct to Superchips and with the forum discount you will get the Bluefin handset and the map for £391.  :happy2:

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2009, 01:30:02 pm »
Dropped into a place near me that advertises sc. They want £435 and you don't get the bluefin module!!! At least they didn't say so if they do include it  :stupid:

i have one for the sale if you are interested, £185, will just have speak to Superchips to get them to deactivate it and will happily send to you.

pm if ineterested,

ta
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline RobsCupra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2009, 02:08:23 pm »
Should've said... I already have bluefin stage 2 and I'm getting the HPFP internal fitted tomorrow and I was going to go for the stage 3 bluefin, but if they can offer custom maps I thought maybe that would be worth a look.
MK2 Leon Cupra - Red with a few bits and bobs...!!

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2009, 05:12:28 pm »
I have superchips stage one (and im dsg too) and i am surprised by your reaction and the problems you've mentioned, i loaded my map on drove about a mile to the motor way and cained it and couldnt believe the difference immediately it was completely different and havent had any problems with the 'lag'... At least its staring to get better though the more your driving it  :jumpmove:
Is yours a Std GTi or ed30??

Ed30 has a bigger turbo and more noticeable lag then the smaller turbo on the std GTi.
Perhaps thats why you feel yours was different?. :smiley:

Car is getting better and better with more drive cycles now, so am enjoying the extra pace when needed.  :wink:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 05:16:26 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2009, 05:16:56 pm »

I felt that in first and second that their "off the shelf" intial map gave very poor performance.  The one I have now has 20Nm less torque at top but has a greater spread below.

Regards,

Gareth

Pm'd gareth  :drinking:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 06:38:20 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2009, 05:48:20 pm »
I have an ed30 so same as you  :happy2:

I have also got the stage 2 map which i run with just a panel filter, it changed the way the car felt but i got a bit paranoid about doing any damage so have put stage 1 back on untill i get my TBE.
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2009, 05:56:06 pm »
FWIW each time I have changed the Superchips map on my Edition 30 via the Bluefin device it has usually taken say 50 miles or an hour or two of driving before it starts to give it's best.

It is odd, and I am sure down to the car/weather/fuel/driving conditions, etc .... but every now and then when switching between maps it seems to take to the map almost immediately and just then fine tune before settling .... whereas most of the time it learns and just gets better and better over the next couple of weeks  :evilgrin:

Mine BF remap has been on almost a year now and no issues at all .... the car seems better too as I've doubled the mileage (to a massive 12K) which can't do the performance any harm !