Make a donation

Author Topic: Part number and advice needed... Wheels doing my head in!! *Update*  (Read 4221 times)

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Part number and advice needed... Wheels doing my head in!!
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 08:10:11 pm »

My car just went in to VGS as they think the problem is the electric box inside the wheel, apparently 05-56ish 18'' monza's had a unit inside them if the car monitors the PSI like mine.

That's rubbish as UK cars (assuming you are in the UK) didn't come with TPMS installed. The Yanks got it as standard.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline ConeKiller

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 08:14:56 pm »

My car just went in to VGS as they think the problem is the electric box inside the wheel, apparently 05-56ish 18'' monza's had a unit inside them if the car monitors the PSI like mine.

That's rubbish as UK cars (assuming you are in the UK) didn't come with TPMS installed. The Yanks got it as standard.

Oh... Gona call them in the morning and ask about that! Cheers!

Offline OEM+ DUB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 09:34:02 pm »
Hi there,

As said above there are two different types of metal valve fitted to Monza II wheels dependent upon whether they are the 'hollow-tech' BBS version or not (denoted by an AH suffix at the end of the wheel part number).  I have AH BBS Monza's on my GTI and the part number for the valve is 1K0 601 361 - the matching metal valve cap is 1K0 907 299.  The valves are quite expensive from the dealers - I ended up getting mine direct from Germany for a lot less than I could buy them over the counter here!

If you don't have the 'hollow-tech' BBS versions then the only other metal valve part number is 1K0 601 361 B which will not fit the AH Monza wheels as the body is too short.  The Ronal versions of the Monza take normal rubber valves.

Hope this helps

So if i read this corrcetly if you have the 18" BBS 'hollow tech' version of the monza then they can only be fitted with the metal valve type, (which cost more money) and the standard black rubber values fitted by most tyre fitters will not work?

Conekiller - sorry for jumping into your thread, but im so glad you have posted this.  :happy2:

Yep, if the part number of your Monza II wheels ends in AH you MUST use the metal valves P/N 1K0 601 361, normal rubber ones will not fit.
OEM+ 2005 GTI DSG (high factory standard spec and upgraded with S3 alloy hubs, S3 alloy wishbones, Bilstein B8s and VWR springs by my own hands) owned since 2008 and still loving it!

Offline OEM+ DUB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 09:36:56 pm »

Oh... Gona call them in the morning and ask about that! Cheers!

Again, Bacillus is correct.  The TPMS system fitted to our UK cars uses the ABS system to detect a tyre deflating if it thinks the rolling circumference of the tyre is changing from the parameters last 'set' by holing the button until the bleep.  There are no sensors inside the wheel.
OEM+ 2005 GTI DSG (high factory standard spec and upgraded with S3 alloy hubs, S3 alloy wishbones, Bilstein B8s and VWR springs by my own hands) owned since 2008 and still loving it!