Make a donation

Author Topic: WE BUY ANYCAR  (Read 2154 times)

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
Re: WE BUY ANYCAR
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2013, 06:14:57 pm »
No-one forces anyone to use it.
If someone DOES sell their car to them expecting super money and doesn't do any research that's not the companies fault.

Sometimes people would rather have the cash urgently sort of thing, and sometimes you do get a decent price. It very much depends.

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 11:21:25 am »
I've only ever put my details in twice, both times they offered me just under what I ended up taking as Part ex.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2013, 03:58:05 pm »
That's their game plan, competive quite online then you go to one of their centres and all of a sudden now they have seen your car in the flesh it's worth a lot less than they quoted

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2013, 09:19:00 pm »
I think it's more the fact they are preying on the poor, desperate and its profiteering. Some people get offered up to 60% under book value. They are the car equivalent of the WONGA type companies.

:congrats: spot on

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 03:55:34 pm »
That's their game plan, competive quite online then you go to one of their centres and all of a sudden now they have seen your car in the flesh it's worth a lot less than they quoted

I'm not defending them, but how many people describe a car as mint and it's actually got loads of marks on it.
If you are completely honest with every mark/dent/scratch they would not knock you down on price because it's as described.

And again, my point - If they do you can just walk away!?  :drinking:

It happened to me when I buying a GTI ... went to one car advertised on the forum as in good condition and it was genuinely one of the worst condition cars I've ever seen. Had not even been washed let alone cleaned in the last 25 years.

Offline Greig

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 04:26:40 pm »
Cant see how people can call them crooks really. Its simply up to the customer if they want to part with their car or not.

These cars get sent to auction and sold on at a lower price than a forecourt would advertise them, Hence why they have to pay less for them.

If you think a private garage adds a 1/2k premium onto a car than what they have bought in in for it probably works out about the same profit percentage

Offline faheem08

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 03:10:17 am »
seen lots of there cars in manheim car auction in leeds

good bit of business they do