Make a donation

Author Topic: Where do i stand  (Read 738 times)

Offline Trev.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Where do i stand
« on: September 01, 2013, 10:55:07 am »
On thursday i got a well known garage to fit a sachs clutch, flywheel and slave cylinder, i bought all the parts, he just had to fit them.

On the way home i noticed if i went round a left bend i got a band grinding noise, i could coast round with no issues but as soon as the engine is under load it sounds horrible, really really loud.

I phoned him as soon as i could and now hes ignoring my calls, ive left messages and still nothing.

So where do i stand? Does he have to fix it by law?

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=vj7uamdth8q10vfcf9vl8eoq14&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Where do i stand
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 11:03:51 am »
Well first of all you need to name and shame....  :signLOL:

Is the car drivable? Can you not take it back and demand they rectify it?

Offline Trekmeister

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 10
  • Golf GT 140
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 11:08:39 am »
On thursday i got a well known garage to fit a sachs clutch, flywheel and slave cylinder, i bought all the parts, he just had to fit them.

On the way home i noticed if i went round a left bend i got a band grinding noise, i could coast round with no issues but as soon as the engine is under load it sounds horrible, really really loud.

I phoned him as soon as i could and now hes ignoring my calls, ive left messages and still nothing.

So where do i stand? Does he have to fix it by law?

If he s ignoring you, you need to go to the garage and speak with him face to face. You also need to identify what the actual problem is and who is at fault. If he wont go over the work and identify the problem your going to have to take it somewhere else and have them identify the issue. It may be a manufacturing fault, even so ignoring your calls is poor service. If he is at fault and refuses to reimburse you then it may be a case of going to a small claims court?

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 11:17:38 am »
Also you may have issue as you supplied that parts, so they may say they cant honour any guarantees as they have only fit them. Heard that before from a couple of garages. 

Good luck in getting it fixed  :happy2:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline dokez

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 11:20:44 am »
Also you may have issue as you supplied that parts, so they may say they cant honour any guarantees as they have only fit them. Heard that before from a couple of garages. 

Good luck in getting it fixed  :happy2:

Exactly what i was going to say.  :happy2:

Offline Trev.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 11:47:44 am »
Thanks for the replies!

Wont be naming and shaming yet!

I know about the consequences and risks of me buying the parts but surely if hes acceptes the job its his responsibility to inspect the parts and fit them?

If he continues to ignore me i will be heading through to deal with it face to face for some reimbursement or for him to rectify the issue, i know he is a good mechanic and that mistakes can be made but im not happy with being ignored, he knows i chose him because it was a big job, he knows i need my car as i drive 60miles a day for work and the fact that i have a 7 week old baby and feel the car is unsafe now!

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 12:39:24 pm »
I wouldnt say its his responsibility to inspect, you have hired him to fit the parts you have supplied. The parts might be absolutely fine anyway.

If it was only on thursday, he has had one day to respond (may not work weekends) he might have been very busy on friday. Give him more time to reply

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline Trev.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 01:39:37 pm »
I left a message on friday, i know he was working yest so left a message yest and today! Will fone first thing off a different number to see if he answers!