Make a donation

Author Topic: New Windscreen - national windscreens  (Read 3622 times)

Offline Marc-5-GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
Re: New Windscreen - national windscreens
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 02:21:40 pm »
It's £190 on top of my £75 excess... I'll be getting sh*t glass then!
3dr Reflex Silver GTI | BBS VZ | Eibach Sportlines | Cumbria

Offline Marc-5-GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 10:23:33 am »
They've done a good job at fitting at by the looks of it.. But it's pilkington glass.. So lets see how long it lasts....

Offline alexmccabe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 12
    • Alex McCabe
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 12:08:04 pm »
They've done a good job at fitting at by the looks of it.. But it's pilkington glass.. So lets see how long it lasts....

Not long at all. Enjoy the chips :( I was happy when they told me I had a new screen put in, but now I wish they hadn't bothered. Haha. Though you may have better luck than me.

MK5 Golf GTi 197BHP Tornado Red

Offline Marc-5-GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 02:21:59 pm »
Aaaaaaaaaand let the bad news begin..... Pilkington glass.. Apparently the glass comes with the sensors already attached for the convenience pack... Well, the sensor wasn't bonded correctly which meant the lights were coming on in the light, the rear view was wobbling everywhere.. And the wipers had a mind of their own! So I called national windscreens out and even though its not their fault they are going to get a new screen from pilkington and replace it.... They said they had another golf with the same problem... It must be a dodgy batch..... Let the fun begin!!

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 03:53:10 pm »
The missus has a 8 month old mini which got a massive chip a few weeks back. Guy came out and did a great job fitting, really careful etc. They wouldn't let her have official bmw screen and was the above make. It looked okay, had the heated elements as it should, rain and light sensor but after 2 hours and putting the car back together it turned out it wasn't  the correct shape. Some how the drivers side came out too far and meant there was a gap between the dash and the glass and it was too far away from the pillar so you could see all the wiring from the outside.

It was clearly fitted properly, exactly in the middle etc but glass was the wrong shape. Apparently I  happens.

Anyway, they are now fitting a bmw screen for no extra cost. Fingers crossed this one fits