Make a donation

Author Topic: who has test driven the new octavia vrs?  (Read 4056 times)

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
who has test driven the new octavia vrs?
« on: September 04, 2013, 10:46:29 pm »
opinions?

the estate looks awesome imo and if i cant afford an s4 next am looking at one of these.

you can lease the tdi one from about £188.00 pcm plus vat too with the petrol quite a bit more at about £250 pcm plus vat
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: who has test driven the new octavia vrs?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 11:01:24 pm »
Not yet.  :sad1:

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 11:15:49 pm »
Just been to the VIP day this saturday at DM Keith in bradford with my neighbour.  :P

They had an derv estate dsg in for the test drive. Initial thoughts, its a very nice car, much better quality interior, smooth quiet engine on the derv.

My friend has placed an order for a meteor grey saloon manual, with cloth interior, red stiching, black grill, rear tints, space saver wheel, heated seats and washers. He felt the car was pretty well spec'd from the start. Been told it will be ready end of november.

Talen advantage of the 0% finance and free servicing, roughly car was £24,089, £500 deposit, £370 ish p/m with approx £10k final payment. Would not offer any discounts or extras in the deal. Anyone any thoughts on price or deal, i felt something should have been offered or achieved.

One thing i have found strange is that the heated windscreen cannot be ordered with the TSI engine, only the Derv, but they couldnt provide an explanation as to why.
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline JackG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 11:31:34 pm »
what I can tell you is  the new suzuki swift sport a 2013 model is matched with its power on the straights and the twisties...well..you wouldn't be able to compare the 2  :signLOL:

nice looking car tho. like the interior but not the exhausts on the back

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 10:22:03 am »
Just been to the VIP day this saturday at DM Keith in bradford with my neighbour.  :P

They had an derv estate dsg in for the test drive. Initial thoughts, its a very nice car, much better quality interior, smooth quiet engine on the derv.

My friend has placed an order for a meteor grey saloon manual, with cloth interior, red stiching, black grill, rear tints, space saver wheel, heated seats and washers. He felt the car was pretty well spec'd from the start. Been told it will be ready end of november.

Talen advantage of the 0% finance and free servicing, roughly car was £24,089, £500 deposit, £370 ish p/m with approx £10k final payment. Would not offer any discounts or extras in the deal. Anyone any thoughts on price or deal, i felt something should have been offered or achieved.

One thing i have found strange is that the heated windscreen cannot be ordered with the TSI engine, only the Derv, but they couldnt provide an explanation as to why.

mmm you woukld have lied 10% discount really wouldn't you? did he try other dealers to compare? Maybe because they are offering 0% and free servicingh they feel dont need to offer any discount of list? re heated windscreen i was speccing one online last nigth and it let me select the heated windscreen on the tsi model?  :confused:

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 11:33:01 am »

did you not have yours booked in?

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 03:52:25 pm »
Berg - i remained silent throughout his negotiations as the money side had nothing to do with me. I have now said to him that as the order form he has signed for states 2.0 TSI with his required options including heated screen then surely he has grounds to withdraw from the agreement and look elsewhere. Briskoda forum seems to agree that he should get alittle discount of list price.

The time i did ask the sales guy, was the question why can you spec online a TSI with heated screen when you now say he cant. The original sales brochure said it was an option now the revised version does not.

Can't find a reason as to why not on the net at all  :rolleye:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 05:09:05 pm »
Maybe it's down to slower warm up times with the derv?

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 05:45:04 pm »

Ive no idea how the system works, but you may be right.

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 06:01:48 pm »

Ive no idea how the system works, but you may be right.

It's probably more to do with the haphazard way in which Skoda UK determines it specifications, just like you couldn't order a manual Mk2 Vrs with a MFSW but could with a DSG version  :confused:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 06:58:12 pm »

did you not have yours booked in?

No one has been in contact. I'm pretty sure if I rocked up at Garlands then they would let me drive their manual, derv estate but I'm not sure I want to. If I like it I will still have to live with myself.  :grin:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 06:35:19 pm »
Had a good look around one of these today.  I was always a massive fan of the Mk2 Octavia vRS interior, I preferred it to the GTI, and IMO this new one has improved the interior even further  :congrats:.  It felt really well put together compared to the Fabia as well, but thats expected I guess considering the price difference.

Never got a chance to drive it as it was fully booked for the day, but tbh i'm not sure ill be buying one.  Expected residuals of £9500-10000 after 3 years for a 2.0TSI DSG Hatch is pretty hefty depreciation IMO.  The guy I was speaking to wouldnt budge on price as it already had 0% finance and 3 years free serving.

Was chatting to the missus and we both think it would be wiser for me to look at a second hand S3 or Focus RS for 16-18k because in 3 years they will easily be worth over £10k so make more sense financially.

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 07:43:10 pm »
Had a good look around one of these today.  I was always a massive fan of the Mk2 Octavia vRS interior, I preferred it to the GTI, and IMO this new one has improved the interior even further  :congrats:.  It felt really well put together compared to the Fabia as well, but thats expected I guess considering the price difference.

Never got a chance to drive it as it was fully booked for the day, but tbh i'm not sure ill be buying one.  Expected residuals of £9500-10000 after 3 years for a 2.0TSI DSG Hatch is pretty hefty depreciation IMO.  The guy I was speaking to wouldnt budge on price as it already had 0% finance and 3 years free serving.

Was chatting to the missus and we both think it would be wiser for me to look at a second hand S3 or Focus RS for 16-18k because in 3 years they will easily be worth over £10k so make more sense financially.

a good car by all accounts but the depreciation could be a real stumbling block as you could get a nice 2nd hand s4 for same  money with 3.0 v6

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2013, 11:24:34 pm »
I had a test drive a few weeks ago
I tried the 184bhp estate which didn't feel any quicker than my 170 estate

Drove nicely, interior was nice and I liked the all in one seat design

Xenons are standard which is nice but cruise control is an extra now. Which is odd as Lane assist is standard
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2013, 11:07:59 pm »
Berg - i remained silent throughout his negotiations as the money side had nothing to do with me. I have now said to him that as the order form he has signed for states 2.0 TSI with his required options including heated screen then surely he has grounds to withdraw from the agreement and look elsewhere. Briskoda forum seems to agree that he should get alittle discount of list price.

The time i did ask the sales guy, was the question why can you spec online a TSI with heated screen when you now say he cant. The original sales brochure said it was an option now the revised version does not.

Can't find a reason as to why not on the net at all  :rolleye:

To add what has already been said, Skoda bradford got back intouch with my neighbour about his order with winter pack. Basically saying not able to order it with, so either change your mind or cancel, really quite rude. Went in with him, came back out in less than 5mins after salesman just cancelled the order, issuing a refund, you'd think they would want to sell a car!! Would even talk to me about why you can spec it online..   :fighting: :fighting2:

Anyway went to Skoda at Colne today, came away happy with a placed order for the car he wanted, with full winter pack, yes heated screen can be ordered on a TSI according to them. When aware of how serious he was, managed 2.5% off list, with options chosen.

Car came to £23,500, no part ex, £362 p/m with £300 deposit, 0% over 37mths with £10,237 balloon.

No build date for saloons yet as they said there arent even any in the network pipeline for dealers, only estates are taken roughly 8-9 weeks. May see it just before christmas  :happy2:

Second time round i was very impressed with the interior quality and found the space good for someone 6ft 4", i could still get in the rear seat even once i had set my driving position. Would definatley be tempted by one if the added space was needed for kids, dog etc..  :driver: