Make a donation

Author Topic: Lazer Blue GTI  (Read 6227 times)

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Lazer Blue GTI
« on: September 06, 2013, 03:04:17 am »
Oi Oi interwebs

Been bothering a few of you with questions for the last few months so i thought id throw a little build thread up of the new women in my life, never owned anything over than vws and dont see that changing for a very long time if ever, this is now my forth

its a 2005 3dr GTI and as all of you know its a truely incredible car but before i start banging on and boring you all with it ill throw a little back ground in of the history

Car number 1: My one true love

a resto project me and my dad decided to do when i was 16, we spent weeks debating bug or bus but the right choice was made

Car number 2: The first golf

a tiny 1.3 got me through 6th form and made some really good memories but before i knew it i was itching for more speed then i stumbled across this

no.3 GTI POWER

Bought it through a member on Edition38 and after a fair bit of work got it up to reasonable condition, really taught me alot about driving, the sad day came when I started uni and the countless motorway miles began, could only bare the sight of the speedo and the thought of the engine internals for so long before i had a major cooling problem nearly costing me the car, spent a few weeks fixing that on the search for something realiable

that brings us here

saw it for a good price after losing hope in my searches and was on the road to view it the next day at a suzuki dealer, the bloke that traded it in must be mad!  :rolleye: anyway he was by no means an enthusiast with signs of wear and tear all around but i like a challenge and ended up taking it home, the step up was amazing and thats before i started exploring (ill explain this part in abit). Any who the spec of the car was decent, 18" monza, heated/electric folding mirrors, auto wipers, heated leathers, the old bluetooth kit (which has now ruined my dash) auto dimming mirrors, xeons and my personal favourite the sun roof

the car looked like it had been tortured at a car wash a few too many times

that only meant one thing for me, pushing uni work aside for a...

not me by any means but tickled me inside hope you enjoy!

true lover of poor boys nattys blue, this was after one coat after a clay bar and a quick lick of auto finesse tripple

then the head unit got changed big fan of kenwood using them in both the other golfs, why fix whats not broken right?

so everyone who owns or moves in the same circles as someone else with a mk5 knows the problem of the DV, ive seen some bad ones but i think i might just be able to top the list

and to think i was impressed with the performance when i first bought the car, been upgraded to the revision G so i shouldnt be seeing this problem anymore

then the day come where i thought id try my hand at wrapping, not perfect but im happy with the turnout for now just to get a feel for it, was supposed to be taking the ms out for dinner... lets just say i was a little bit late that day

skipping forward sorting the problem of the broken window which was explained in another thread on here i woke up one morning deciding the car needed some new shoes and while i was there i might as well bring it a bit more down to earth

H&R with a 30mm drop and a new set of Team Dynamics imolas, also not in the picture is a blue-flame suitcase delete, lovely piece of kit and you can see its been made well, bought it direct from blue flame for piece of mind, only thing to note is your gonna need an adapter to bring the stock to 3 inch, had a mind blank and this wasn't even considered before removing the old exhaust, don't know if the eBay one is the same but be wary before starting, trying to go cat back now anyway so its only a stepping stone

now its up to date, getting all the bits to do a full service before winter also need a cambelt change so new improvements will be on hold for a little bit apart from the odd thing here and there, got wind deflectors in the post and an LED kit, hoping to get to rtech sooner rather than later as well for a stage 1 map, wont be going further than that performance wise for a while, not straight line anyway

hope you've enjoyed the read so fair and please through some input my way, let me know what you think and any little touches i can add to my long list of dreams

Tommy

and remember...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 03:51:15 pm by TForrest94 »

Its just a way of life.

Offline MizGTi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Baby Blue GTI
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 03:27:52 am »
Great thread mate enjoyed reading it. I thought ny diverter valve was bad but ur one was horrific. You must've had no boost. Just curious why didnt you change it to a Revision G?

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 12:42:01 pm »
Great thread mate enjoyed reading it. I thought ny diverter valve was bad but ur one was horrific. You must've had no boost. Just curious why didnt you change it to a Revision G?

cheers mate, it felt quick enough coming from a 1.8 8v after it was changed it felt like a rocket
sorry mate it was a G i changed it to, just had a bit of a blond moment last night ill change it in the thread

Its just a way of life.

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
Baby Blue GTI
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 12:54:36 pm »
Welcome to the forum, great spec you've got on the car :happy2:

Also loving that camper

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 01:00:20 pm »
LOVELY mk2 gti! Looks proper serious on them wheels!

As for the mk5, really nice! Nice to see #archgap is being taken care of as it is clearly unacceptable!  :grin: :innocent:
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 01:05:05 pm »
Bus  :love: :congrats:

& great spec on the mk5  :happy2:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline tatws

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: The Baby, My Blue GTI
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 04:29:29 pm »
nice car keep up the work :)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 04:58:15 pm »
Welcome to the forum and a excellent intro.Excellent spec golf you have got your self..most modsnnow done :signLOL:

Offline Holyzeus

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 05:35:26 pm »
Some lovely cars there, past and present
TDI GT Sport gone
Mk 6 R now :-)

Offline torque777

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
Re: Re: The Baby, My Blue GTI
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 05:49:02 pm »
Welcome ...love the bus ...also great colour for your mk5 ...nice spec too ...I guess a few boxes were ticked lol

sent using my own fingers

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 06:53:33 pm »
Welcome and great collection. That bus is immense fella!!  :notworthy:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline gjseb16

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 08:14:35 pm »
the best colour and mk5 can come in well i would say some that  loving the bay aswell

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 09:59:39 pm »
Cheers for the welcome guys and I'm glad you all like the splitty she really is my girl, my girlfriend doesn't get jealous if other girls, only my cars which is fair!

Car is booked in for a cambelt, water pump and engine steam clean on Thursday down Canterbury by my university at TMC, Mobil 1 oil and vw racing panel filter came in the post yesterday and ill be going tps to pick up spark plugs and pollen filter some time this week. So all in all a full service by the end of next week

Excited for tomorrow as I've got a das6 pro and polish coming in the post, gotta wait for chemical guys uk to pull the finger out for the pads and sealant though, it would be lovely for a full detail and protect before winter comes

Final note, spent the day cleaning the muck off my old monzas for a refurb as they will be my winter wheels, 8 years of ground in sh*t takes forever too get off and I've only done 2 of them, ill throw some pictures up as I go through the stages

Cheers for looking guys

As always any feedback is welcome
Tommy

Its just a way of life.

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: The Baby, My Lazer Blue GTI
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 09:13:16 pm »
Not a modification but I am still very excited

This came in the post yesterday

just waiting for the rest of my pads and jetseal to get here and the car will be getting a lick

also my team HEKO wind deflectors came today, got them fitted but forgot to take a picture, you all know what they look like anyway so ill grab one soon when i have other things to upload

Also been bored so knocked out a quick signature on photoshop

rap it out
Tommy
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 09:17:13 pm by TForrest94 »

Its just a way of life.

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: The Baby, My Lazer Blue GTI
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2013, 08:40:15 pm »
Moved back to uni and settled in in the new house so i thought id throw an update of whats been going on with the car in the last month or so

Day before I moved back all got a bit much with me mum and dad banging on about packing so I did what any normal person would do and went to machine polish the car, at the time my dad was moving work space so had an empty lot to work in which was the nuts

after the standard process of two bucket, clay, rewash, dry I cracked on with taping it up, which took a lot longer than i thought it would

Apart from the swirls i didnt think the car looked that bad in terms of depth, oh was I wrong, heres a cheeky before

and then after a good 6 or 7 hours it came out like this

I always knew the lazer blue was a special colour but now im truely head over heels with the car

the I untaped the car and stood back to admire the out come of one of the most peaceful days of my life, if uni dont work out I think Id give detailing ago its a pure joy

Then freshers started, to resist the urge of driving my car throughout the days when i knew id be over the limit I did the sane thing and took the air box off to give me something to do, this was the result, some kind of ford blue (closest I could get to Lazer in Halfords) finished with satin black everywhere else, looks a lot better in person

Then the car went to the garage to get the cam follower done which pretty much ticked all the boxes to allow me to go stage 1, as always though something got in the way and I had to dip into remap money to get a new battery, the original had lasted 8 years which I think is pretty decent, since replacing it my sub is only powering up half way, any one got any thoughts on what could have cause it?

recovered those funds and started getting all excited for a remap and suprise suprise something else decides to poke up, what appears to be a split pcv from another thread on here, going new york next week so gonna pick up a bsh pcv revamp works out a lot cheaper than getting one here.

not all doom and glume though had a day off yesterday and thought id prept the car for winter, went for 2 coats of trusty nattys blue paste and its come up a treat

and a cheeky money shot of the beading i found this morning

cheers for readin guys throw some input my way if you want always looking for ideas
Tommy

Its just a way of life.