Make a donation

Author Topic: TTRS in tank fuel pump Group Buy  (Read 10482 times)

Offline JackG

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
TTRS in tank fuel pump Group Buy
« on: September 06, 2013, 02:55:45 pm »
Hi guys,

I've been in touch With a reputable member on here and he's a trader (Alex at AKS tuning)

He's agreed for us too test the water for a group buy on the lift pumps  :drinking: these a great addition for Amy MK5 GTI and help maintain fuel pressure!
Min of 5 people to make it work.

Pump retail is £257.98.  I can do 14% off the retail to make it £221.86.  If its a front wheel drive car then a blank is needed.  These are £7.00.  Postage is £10.00.  Fitting is £30.00.

More numbers may mean more discount!
If you are SERIOUSLY interested post your thoughts and we will take it a step further  :happy2:

Cheers
Jack

People who are in!
1- Jack G
2- Scopes
3-Gazbuts3
4-andrewjb
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 04:12:44 pm by JackG »

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Re: TTRS in tank fuel pump Group Buy
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 03:05:33 pm »
Possibly interested.

Would definately be interested if was going down Loba Lo400 route, but I dont think I will be now and not convinced that will get any benefit of fitting one of these at Stage 2+
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 03:23:53 pm »
what are the benefits of this? is there a minimum state of tune needed to see a benefit?

my car is currently with Alex, so depending on the answers to the above i may well be in + fitting
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline JackG

• Thank You
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 04:10:24 pm »
Yes there is a benefit...it pumps more fuel to the HPFP and faster, giving a higher fuel pressure, more steady pressure, and irons out the flat spot some get at around 4/5k from what I've heard....

And let's be honest....it's off a TTRS/RS3.....it's bound too do something  :signLOL:

Seriously tho please ask Alex for more in depth results  :drinking:

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 05:07:02 pm »
i think if you look at some of the logs on Alex's build thread I did see a difference. Whether it is enough of a difference to feel anything with the butt dyno would have to ask Alex, but not sure it would be...
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 05:35:59 pm »
Yes there is a benefit...it pumps more fuel to the HPFP and faster, giving a higher fuel pressure, more steady pressure, and irons out the flat spot some get at around 4/5k from what I've heard....

But your fuel release valve will start cracking at 130 bar (standard) or 136 bar (rs4 one) releasing the excess pressure regardless of if you have the standard LPFP or this one.
So what's the point for a K04 turbo car when most tuners only specify 130 bar rail pressure on their stage 2+ maps? Surely just a rs4 valve will be more cost effective to get a few extra bar rail pressure...
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline JackG

• Thank You
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 11:25:29 am »

But your fuel release valve will start cracking at 130 bar (standard) or 136 bar (rs4 one) releasing the excess pressure regardless of if you have the standard LPFP or this one.
So what's the point for a K04 turbo car when most tuners only specify 130 bar rail pressure on their stage 2+ maps? Surely just a rs4 valve will be more cost effective to get a few extra bar rail pressure...

im no mechanic so I don't know the in's and outs, just the basics,  doing some research does show it helps with the fuel system, best bet would be too get alex too give some more hardcore truths  :happy2:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 12:24:19 pm »

James was strugging with LP fuelling at around 400bhp (K04, WMI) so had to pull back to 370bhp where he would avoid the fuel cuts.

Seems like the majority of K04 cars wont benefit much from this, unless your going WMI or big turbo in future. . .
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline scopes

• Thank You
  • -Given: 131
  • -Receive: 115
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49748.0.html
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 01:05:06 pm »
It could only be a good thing, it would take pressure of your HPFP, as it would not need to work as hard, but then that's where the rs4 Valve comes in to play.

It should allow more fuel in, as said above...

:popcornsoda:

im no mechanic so I don't know the in's and outs, just the basics,  doing some research does show it helps with the fuel system, best bet would be too get alex too give some more hardcore truths  :happy2:

Yes if it could be explained more indepth  :happy2:
If it's not broke, Mod it.....

Silver is the way !

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 02:45:59 pm »
On STG 2+ cars they are maxing out the stock LPFP.  Runs full duty cycle and will still drop below 4 bar.  The TTRS pump will hold 5 bar at around 70% loading so its barely being pushed.  This more consistent pressure keeps the HPFP working more efficiently and fluctuates pressure far less.

I found when changing to the TTRS pump I could go up a timing notch on the Revo map.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline scopes

• Thank You
  • -Given: 131
  • -Receive: 115
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49748.0.html
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 03:03:25 pm »
On STG 2+ cars they are maxing out the stock LPFP.  Runs full duty cycle and will still drop below 4 bar.  The TTRS pump will hold 5 bar at around 70% loading so its barely being pushed.  This more consistent pressure keeps the HPFP working more efficiently and fluctuates pressure far less.

I found when changing to the TTRS pump I could go up a timing notch on the Revo map.

So would you recommend having the rs4 valve fitted?
If it's not broke, Mod it.....

Silver is the way !

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 03:19:52 pm »

Is it a direct replacement for the standard pump on an S3 Alex?

Offline toosmiles

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92286.0.html
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 03:28:04 pm »
my K1 is at stage 2+ with the RS4 valve
would this make any difference?
Golf R mk6 R-tech tuned GTX3071r

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 03:30:49 pm »

Is it a direct replacement for the standard pump on an S3 Alex?

95% of the time yes it is.  Some S3's and R's have slightly different fittings on them so I'm told by people I've sent the pumps out to in Australia.  May not be the case over here though.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline JackG

• Thank You
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 11:50:26 pm »
come on guys this is a bargain  :party: if you are seriously interested get your names down