Make a donation

Author Topic: Leather  (Read 1473 times)

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Leather
« on: August 30, 2009, 01:50:59 pm »
Yesterday and today I gave my leather seats a good clean. I used Gliptone Leather Cleaner & Conditioner. I must say I am very impressed with this after being recommended it by someone on here.
What I did:
Removed headrests, parcel shelf, boot carpet and all floor mats.
Hovered the mats and carpet and parcel shelf, sprayed with fabric freshener.
Then I hovered the seats thoroughly and the whole interior of the car.
Dressed all the plastics with plastic dressing ( :congrats: :signLOL:) Im not very impressed with the stuff I used so if anyone has any recommendations id be happy to hear them.
Then followed the instructions on the leather cleaner, wiping with a damp cloth, wiping the cleaner over with MF cloth, Agitating the leather with a leather brush and then wiping off with another damp cloth.
I then applied the condition one thicker coat which I really worked in and left over night. Then I applied 3 thinner coats which where worked in as well.
The leather looks really clean but there are still some creases on the drivers bolster and a few other places. I have read using a hairdryer to heat and shrink the leather works but I didn't really want to try it. Do you just literally heat the leather? Any other ways to remove the creases?

Also does anyone use seat covers? Where did you get them from?

Thanks
Ollie :happy2:

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Leather
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 03:06:01 pm »
For 'plastic dressing' I use Poorboy's Natural Look Dressing.

For the leather seats, try leaving the engine running and sticking the heaters on full blast. This will soften up the leather and help with cleaning and leather conditioning.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline matty_jetta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Leather
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 12:23:50 pm »
Another fan of poorboys natural look dressing, only use small amounts though