Make a donation

Author Topic: I've been robbed by a member, Paul Woodward.  (Read 21638 times)

Offline garrardrj

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
Re: I've been robbed by a member, Paul Woodward.
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2013, 08:41:34 pm »
Just a thought, can't Steve P view IP addresses?

Surely the police could trace his location from this?  :evilgrin:

If this is possible then that'd be great.
Shall I give Steve a PM?

IP address will only give you the location his computer was linked to . Most scammers like this use Free Wifi etc
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2013, 08:44:45 pm »
Boils my piss reading things like this. Scum needs knee capping.

Offline woahnowboys

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2013, 08:48:09 pm »
IP address will only give you the location his computer was linked to . Most scammers like this use Free Wifi etc

He'd have to spend a hell of a lot of time in Starbucks to rack up that many scams on their WiFi.. :signLOL:
seriously just want every little bit of evidence on this guy I can possibly get.
I'll PM Steve now.

'87 MK1 Cabby - To be 20vT'd.
MK5 Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2013, 08:50:26 pm »
Report to police/action fraud. Ensure you copy all his details, that way an previous he has will come up, and potentially will be easier to track/obtain evidence.

I've a friend who works in this area although more high end stuff, see what he thinks. Only problem there is so much low level fraud, that unfortunately there simply isn't the  resouces to cope, saying that if he's known and prolififc, it's a countdown til his next arrest.
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline GTI5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2013, 08:56:26 pm »
WOW...this guy must be desperate to need to go round fleecing people on the internet.

As previously mentioned people need to wise up when it comes to buying goods privately over the internet...
MK6 GTI Revo
MK5 GTI DSG - Gone

Offline woahnowboys

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2013, 08:57:37 pm »
Report to police/action fraud. Ensure you copy all his details, that way an previous he has will come up, and potentially will be easier to track/obtain evidence.

I've a friend who works in this area although more high end stuff, see what he thinks. Only problem there is so much low level fraud, that unfortunately there simply isn't the  resouces to cope, saying that if he's known and prolififc, it's a countdown til his next arrest.

That'd be great, thanks for your help. :happy2:
The amount of people willing to help on here shows that this scumbag is in the small minority.
So glad that this isn't a childish place like VwVortex, where I'd probably just get people throwing memes at me left, right and centre.

MK5 Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Offline Bow

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2013, 09:38:49 pm »
The kid is a complete ass. I met him back in 2008 when I got some Bumpers off him, tried the whole pay in my bank routine. I said na meet or no go. I was lucky. So many people on edition 38 have been scammed. He has been in trouble with the law so do go to old bill about it. Nothing seems to happen so many keyboard warriors out there. His address is public no one been round to my knowledge. It's clear this is a career for him. Hope you get somewhere with it but I am sorry to say I doubt it as no one has yet mate

Offline Greig

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2013, 10:06:34 pm »
This guys online at the moment,

I know what I would be doing If anyone done this to me.

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2013, 10:44:03 pm »

His time will come. My friends interested in this haha!

Anyone know his date of birth?
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2013, 11:08:14 pm »

His time will come. My friends interested in this haha!

Anyone know his date of birth?

i believe the Edition 38 Paul Woodward page has all his details including a facebook page
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Llew

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2013, 01:31:46 am »
Anything over 50 quid i insist on picking it up myself only twice have I done PayPal the first transaction were front calipers and the bleed threads were shot second was easy a tried and trusted member on here canbus gateway perfect , also if I am selling stuff i prefer for it to be collected so there's no misunderstanding
Golf 2006 tdi 140pd, dsg paddles,blue interior led lights,r32 rear bumper, cruise control,vcds,highline , r32 mfsw steering wheel, gti front bumper,miltek decat.

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2013, 09:29:31 am »
A lot of people in the scene know what Paul Woordward is like... despite plenty of advice about on forums and what not to say only use PayPal as a normal transaction or cash on collect, or paying with a Credit Card - no-one really seems to listen.

Sorry you got scammed but there's nothing that can be done to actually get the money back as such. You paid in a completely terrible way  :sad1: And so the banks and authorities are next to certainly NOT going to be able to get your money.

Offline M7AXB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2013, 11:57:11 am »
There should be a pop up everytime you going into the for sale section saying pay by paypal goods/services or cash on collection only.

If you pay by gift or bank transfer you are screwed if it goes wrong and should only do this if you know and trust the person you are sending the money.

People should really be doing research on the member before sending the money to them. It takes 5 minutes to google their user name and email address/mobile number and look at their previous posts to determine whether the are genunie. I don't understand how people can be so stupid to send large sums of money to people like this :stupid:

I'm surprised no one has paid him a vist yet as he has scammed a fair few by the looks of it and his address is all over the net. My mate got scammed via paypal gift and we arranged to pay the guy a visit but, magically the brakes then turned up after 3 weeks of chasing! I hope he eventually scams the wrong person and gets what is coming to him!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:01:29 pm by M7AXB »

Offline woahnowboys

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2013, 12:03:33 pm »
There should be a pop up everytime you going into the for sale section saying pay by paypal goods/services or cash on collection only.

If you pay by gift or bank transfer you are screwed if it goes wrong and should only do this if you know and trust the person you are sending the money.

People should really be doing research on the member before sending the money to them. It takes 5 minutes to google their user name and email address/mobile number and look at their previous posts to determine whether the are genunie.

I'm surprised no one has paid him a vist yet as he has scammed a fair few by the looks of it and his address is all over the net. My mate got scammed via paypal gift and we arranged to pay the guy a visit but, magically the brakes then turned up after 3 weeks of chasing!

I agree.
However, I did google his username first, and found nothing.. Perhaps I should've dug deeper. But he has been using a massive list of usernames across numerous sites, making it harder to link.
And apparently, a guy from Edition38 paid him a visit, and managed to win a following court case.
Out of all of the threads I've read on this guy, a few people have managed to actually get their money back, with some even receiving the parts.
I'll be surprised if he even has the coilovers he mentioned, but I don't see why I can't get my money back if others have succeeded.

MK5 Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys