Make a donation

Author Topic: I've been robbed by a member, Paul Woodward.  (Read 21628 times)

Offline M7AXB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 10
Re: I've been robbed by a member, Paul Woodward.
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2013, 12:21:37 pm »
There should be a pop up everytime you going into the for sale section saying pay by paypal goods/services or cash on collection only.

If you pay by gift or bank transfer you are screwed if it goes wrong and should only do this if you know and trust the person you are sending the money.

People should really be doing research on the member before sending the money to them. It takes 5 minutes to google their user name and email address/mobile number and look at their previous posts to determine whether the are genunie.

I'm surprised no one has paid him a vist yet as he has scammed a fair few by the looks of it and his address is all over the net. My mate got scammed via paypal gift and we arranged to pay the guy a visit but, magically the brakes then turned up after 3 weeks of chasing!

I agree.
However, I did google his username first, and found nothing.. Perhaps I should've dug deeper. But he has been using a massive list of usernames across numerous sites, making it harder to link.
And apparently, a guy from Edition38 paid him a visit, and managed to win a following court case.
Out of all of the threads I've read on this guy, a few people have managed to actually get their money back, with some even receiving the parts.
I'll be surprised if he even has the coilovers he mentioned, but I don't see why I can't get my money back if others have succeeded.

Fingers crossed you get your money back mate. If i was local to him I would have paid a visit for you to see what he would have said. I'm guessing he stays with his parents as well so i doubt he would like having people turning up demanding money back or worse :wink:.

Don't let him get away with it, look into small claims and good luck!

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2013, 06:34:47 pm »
If county court summons him when you have all his details. You'll get the judgement in your favour, whether you get money or goods is another question but it helps go against him with regards to credit etc. I know he won't care but adds up. And of course you have to pay te application. It may work, you never know.
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2013, 06:47:48 pm »
Justice system is fairly broken if someone so prolific can repeatedly reoffend in such a documented fashion... needs a f*cking good hiding... weekly, until he gets the message. Of course he'll hide behind the law then won't he. f*cker.

Offline woahnowboys

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2013, 08:16:08 pm »
Justice system is fairly broken if someone so prolific can repeatedly reoffend in such a documented fashion... needs a f*cking good hiding... weekly, until he gets the message. Of course he'll hide behind the law then won't he. f*cker.

I agree. It's ridiculous that people can get away with this stuff even once in this day and age. Let alone the numerous times this reject has done it.
I think I should take the MK5 up there to meet the man. Head on. At 75mph. :P
Getting angrier by the day.

'87 MK1 Cabby - To be 20vT'd.
MK5 Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2013, 08:25:23 pm »

I agree. It's ridiculous that people can get away with this stuff even once in this day and age. Let alone the numerous times this reject has done it.
I think I should take the MK5 up there to meet the man. Head on. At 75mph. :P
Getting angrier by the day.

That would seem like the answer but as previously stated he would then be the victim and not you!

Just provide the police with all the documentation you have acquired and let them do their bit, however slow it may seem.

You could be just that person who nails the little sh@t and saves many another victim!

Offline woahnowboys

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2013, 08:29:27 pm »
That would seem like the answer but as previously stated he would then be the victim and not you!

Just provide the police with all the documentation you have acquired and let them do their bit, however slow it may seem.

You could be just that person who nails the little sh@t and saves many another victim!

Haha I know :signLOL:
Yeah, exactly my thoughts. Even if I get nothing from it, there will be a point where it stops, and I'd like to contribute to putting this guy away.

MK5 Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2013, 07:20:11 am »
This bloke appears to have some front if he's trying this type of thing as often as it seems while looking to be well known for it. Has anyone actually met him is he a hard nut or some some everyday bloke with a hell of a nerve??? Surely at some point he's going to scam someone who's a complete nutter and is more likely to seek justice by other means......... :fighting:
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2013, 07:55:26 am »
I think it's about time he replied on here and explained himself.

When I was reading this thread yesterday I noticed he was online reading it too.

Come on....do the right thing.

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2013, 09:13:41 am »

Essex Racing have been ripping off people for many years too . We did County Court route and sent Bailiffs to their premises and apparently they didn't have anything for the bailiffs to seize !!!???
Summary Justice is the way forward for all Con artists :evilgrin:
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline luckyGti

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2013, 11:20:56 am »
I think it's about time he replied on here and explained himself.

When I was reading this thread yesterday I noticed he was online reading it too.

Come on....do the right thing.

Unfortunately the guy will never do the right thing, he has been ripping people off for years, the guy used to sign up and post on the scamming threads on Edition38 after he had been caught out just to gloat and wind people up.

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2013, 01:01:09 pm »
It has surprised me that he has not replied to this thread. He has often had some comments to make on most of the other forums.

Glad i didnt pursue his pm's i have had on a few forums, but after requesting pictures and collection he went quiet  :signLOL:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=n4oe1036d08ghtuvo1da32u8p3&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2013, 02:13:55 pm »
Just heard back from John at GolfGTI.co.uk. He is all to aware of this guy, and says he uses multiple email addresses and internet connections.  :fighting: :fighting:

Offline woahnowboys

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2013, 07:47:26 am »
Just heard back from John at GolfGTI.co.uk. He is all to aware of this guy, and says he uses multiple email addresses and internet connections.  :fighting: :fighting:
Not surprised, it seems everyone was aware of this guy except me haha. :fighting2:

MK5 Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Offline Grande_GTi

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2013, 09:30:28 am »
This Guys name seems to pop up so often this, guys an absolute tw4t.

He's been scamming people for years, personally people like this EEEEEdiot are just lowlife scum.

If they had any consideration for other people or even the apprication for peoples hard earnt cash internet dealings would be much better.

Theres a massive list of this Paul Woodwards user names on Edition38 forum, because he's been scamming for quite a while.

SCUM!!

instgram @ricky_grande

check out @lowlife_official

MK5 GTi OEM+

Offline woahnowboys

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2013, 10:23:33 am »
This Guys name seems to pop up so often this, guys an absolute tw4t.

He's been scamming people for years, personally people like this EEEEEdiot are just lowlife scum.

If they had any consideration for other people or even the apprication for peoples hard earnt cash internet dealings would be much better.

Theres a massive list of this Paul Woodwards user names on Edition38 forum, because he's been scamming for quite a while.

SCUM!!

Speaking the truth! I personally don't get how people like this can live their life's off other people's backs.
He's living off money that he's stolen from people who like me, likely earn less than he does. Yet he still seems to have pride.
He's obviously got some mental issues if he can keep doing this in the first place, let alone after he's already been beaten and charged.

MK5 Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys