Make a donation

Author Topic: I think someone is taking the pi55 - "Scotsmanash"  (Read 7240 times)

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
Re: I think someone is taking the pi55 - "Scotsmanash"
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2013, 06:52:44 pm »
http://www.192.com/all/search/?sk=607a6e0f-2133-4786-9e48-1bcceb3b2a86&looking_for=A%20Khan&location=Inverness

Unless i am mistaken this was all done via the internet (there starts the problems) and you have never met the person who purports to be Ashley Khan . Until the details of the paypal are known and the bank account linked to that will give you a starter of the true identity , You google ashley khan and you get a female for starters  :innocent:

If details are easy to find on the internet be assured that is where scammers get their identities from

Very true mate.

@OP, I'm pretty sure you can at this stage request the details of the seller from Paypal for contact purposes. :happy2:

Therein lies the next problem , Paypal cannot disclose the identity of their account holders

Really?  I've had sellers details in the past, after disputes, not sure if this was through ebay or paypal, I can't remember.  Perhaps it was ebay...

MPS

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2013, 06:57:48 pm »
Not Chaka Khan's brother? Or perhaps a double-barrelled surname Khan-Steele?

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2013, 07:08:04 pm »
http://www.192.com/all/search/?sk=607a6e0f-2133-4786-9e48-1bcceb3b2a86&looking_for=A%20Khan&location=Inverness

Unless i am mistaken this was all done via the internet (there starts the problems) and you have never met the person who purports to be Ashley Khan . Until the details of the paypal are known and the bank account linked to that will give you a starter of the true identity , You google ashley khan and you get a female for starters  :innocent:

If details are easy to find on the internet be assured that is where scammers get their identities from

Very true mate.

@OP, I'm pretty sure you can at this stage request the details of the seller from Paypal for contact purposes. :happy2:

Therein lies the next problem , Paypal cannot disclose the identity of their account holders

Really?  I've had sellers details in the past, after disputes, not sure if this was through ebay or paypal, I can't remember.  Perhaps it was ebay...

Both would be a breach of Data Protection Act , suspect it was Ebay
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Greig

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2013, 09:39:22 pm »
That's a fairly nice area mate..If he genuinely lives there.

Who leaves £800 alloys lying around in their garden anyway

Seen a thread on here aswell about a stolen RS3, Hopefully not linked.

Offline JamesH

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2013, 10:57:55 pm »
Well surprise surprise......... Nothing from anyone.

Lets see if he responds to being asked if he lives at the address Rich kindly provided..... ....

Offline skard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2013, 11:07:03 pm »
Hope you get your money back, sickening stuff.

"Sorry I haven't had a chance to email you all day, never guess what happened mate, left the alloys in the garden overnight, some thieving pricks gone and robbed them
LMAO Great story that.

Had a similar thing once, my mate wanted a Discovery bullbar on ebay, he messaged the guy and came to a private price until the seller realised that was too cheap and asked for more than his ebay buy it now price. My mate took a stance and asked me to 'buy it now' on my account which I did. That evening I got a brilliantly elaborate and sincere email explaining of his joy that his item sold, but to then realise that some pikey stole it from his garden, so he had to issue a refund.
Minutes later my mate got an email asking if he still wanted it!
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline JamesH

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2013, 02:37:37 am »
I think he just upgraded himself to all out thief as he has not responded to an email for 5 days now.

PayPal deadline in two days.

I f*ckin hate being ignored when people should just do the courteous thing and respond. A simple "yes I stole your money and used it to cash flow my next purchase" would suffice.

Just admit it you lying sh*te. Pretty pissed off now.