Make a donation

Author Topic: Mixing Gen2 and Gen3 Door control modules  (Read 1775 times)

cartman

Mixing Gen2 and Gen3 Door control modules
« on: September 11, 2013, 08:42:08 am »
Hi All

I am after some advice please, I have started with a working 5 door golf with electric windows all round, on a 2007 plate, it has Gen 3 door control modules.

I've added power folding mirrors and puddle lights, swapped both front door controllers for Gen2 Max ones, everything at the front works - power fold, puddle lights, door entry lights, windows, locking etc....but I've now got no communications to the O/S/R door.  If I try and scan it with VDCS theres no response from it, if I disconnect the front drivers door module, then the rear works fine.

Is it that you cannot mix gen2 and Gen3 door modules?, is there any wiring that needs to be changed? should I just buy some Gen2 rear door modules??.

Any suggestions from someone more experienced greatly received....

MANY THANKS

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
Re: Mixing Gen2 and Gen3 Door control modules
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 10:29:58 pm »
buy proper GEN3 controllers

it will save you a large headache

Lots of wiring needs to be changed
5dr CCM also required
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: Mixing Gen2 and Gen3 Door control modules
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 08:58:46 pm »
I believe that gen2 what I have on my 05 5door, has additional wiring with the ccm extra block to wire back to the rear doors, gen3 uses less wiring between the door modules and the ccm so as Eddie says best keeping them the same unless you want to change the whole lot.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.