Make a donation

Author Topic: GTI Oil Consumption  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Parmo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • I'm a dirty thief
    • Email
GTI Oil Consumption
« on: September 11, 2013, 02:41:33 pm »
I'd appreciate any help and advice please I got a 08 plate GTI 10 weeks ago it had 39k miles on it part exchanged after having an issue with a ed30. Anyway this one was fully loaded and fsh.

I picked it up and the dealer has stamped it as being serviced I notice it hasn't had the dsg service so I book this in and after owning the car 7 days vw do the dsg and report back its low on engine oil nearly on min on the dipstick. I think this is odd.

I mention this to the  supplying dealer they top it up and tell me to monitor it so

In the following 10 weeks since I've discovered it's drinking oil it has no leaks and isn't showing anything wrong on vag com

I did 700 mile motorway travel not used any oil

But once I'm back town driving I'm getting 150-200 miles and checking and reading is just over min halfway

Vw have looked at the findings saying it out of tolerance and to rectify it saying a new engine.

The thing I'm worried about is getting a new engine ? Problem when I come to sell it I've only had it 10 weeks, its got warranty for 2 years

Thoughts and opinions please

Apart from that and I know its a major the cars mint

Spec is :

Sunroof
Sensors
18" monza s
Electric folding mirror
Dsg
Leather
Mfsd
Rns 510
Reversing camera
Cd in armrest
Auto lights
Auto wipers
Lux pack
Conv pack
Paddle shift
Aux connector

Offline Llew

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 17
Re: GTI Oil Consumption
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 08:28:14 pm »
Haven't i read this somewhere else earlier today ?
Golf 2006 tdi 140pd, dsg paddles,blue interior led lights,r32 rear bumper, cruise control,vcds,highline , r32 mfsw steering wheel, gti front bumper,miltek decat.

Offline Llew

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 17
Re: GTI Oil Consumption
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 08:31:20 pm »
Golf 2006 tdi 140pd, dsg paddles,blue interior led lights,r32 rear bumper, cruise control,vcds,highline , r32 mfsw steering wheel, gti front bumper,miltek decat.