Make a donation

Author Topic: Apple WWDC  (Read 1987 times)

Offline gobbleplease

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
Re: Apple WWDC
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 11:12:45 pm »
My I phones have all been sturdy, I had my 3GS for nearly 3 years and I got the 5 when it first came out, I usually fit a thin case for the first year and then ditch them when the novelty factor wears off, this time I've got a Caebon fibre case and it looks nice,

Im pretty Surprised the durability of the phones to be fair as they don't usually last that long with me especially with the Saturday nights I have   :drinking: :rolleye:
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 11:40:11 pm »
I've had nothing more than a protector on the rear and front since new on my iPhone 5. 12 months in, and still looks as good as new.

I would like the 5S, it's not a huge step up but excited to see how the 64bit CPU is utilised.

More than anything, I desperately want Apple to create a phone with a 4.8" screen. Looks like we have to wait for 2014 for that.

Offline M7AXB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 11:44:59 pm »
Was waiting for the 5s as a worthwhile upgrade from a 4s but, may go for the s4 as the spec is disappointing imo

Offline Mikeygtir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 09:28:44 am »
having had a look at the specs its good to see apple doing something for the cheaper end of the market! so the 5C is basically a 5 with a plastic cover?

The 5s, although not ground breaking, looks decent. not sure i can justify it to myself to upgrade early and pay 3-400 notes to buy myself out then pay for the cost of the handset.. not sure its that good.. will i just wait for the 6? lol

Offline Alexander

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 09:45:23 am »
Pretty uninspiring stuff from apple IMO. I've been an avid apple fan for years and have mac's, iPhones, iPads and associated peripherals. I love them all but I'm getting a little bored with my iPhone 5, I'm going to give iOS7 a few weeks and if I'm still not impressed I'm sorry to say I will be buying a HTC One. Things like iMessage and facetime are very useful for keeping in touch with the family back in the UK but not enough to make me stay with iPhone for now.
I eagerly await the public release of iOS7 to see if it changes my loyalties!
2005 Black Audi A3 Sportback TDI-Bose and Full Leather
2005 Black 3Dr GTI-Leather and Upgraded Sound System-Gone

Offline Rumple

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • Das Original.
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 12:04:03 pm »
Form over function every time with apple they'd rather release a fashion accessory than a decent working product. I'd have an original Galaxy over any IPhone any day of the week.

Black 3dr Edition 30 DSG

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013, 12:28:36 pm »
Has anyone else noticed Apple with their iphone updates are like VW with the golf  :grin:

Golf mk4-5 was like the Iphone 3gs - Iphone 4

Golf mk5-6 was like Iphone 4 - Iphone 4s.

Just little updates to keep people interested, with something a bit more revolutionary (although nothing like Honda did with the EP civic to the FN) every 2 models.
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 10:46:40 pm »
Form over function every time with apple they'd rather release a fashion accessory than a decent working product. I'd have an original Galaxy over any IPhone any day of the week.

Not really. The technology in the phone is still very impressive. They just don't change the exterior design every 10 minutes like Samsung etc

Offline Rumple

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • Das Original.
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2013, 09:18:43 am »
For the price of the phone, there's nothing impressive involved.

Black 3dr Edition 30 DSG

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 09:28:31 am »
After having an Iphone for 2 years I moved to a Sony Experia Z, happy with it, yes the android will probably take me 2 years to learn how to use it (having a GF who knows android helps!) but I only used the phone and camera and some games on the Iphone anyway  :grin:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14