Make a donation

Author Topic: Wynns EGR Cleaner Help  (Read 10700 times)

Offline Kalpesh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Wynns EGR Cleaner Help
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 08:54:19 am »
Is it just case of using this in the pipe after the MAF? Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure I don't screw anything up

Offline Llew

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 09:00:21 am »
Nowhere near the maf it's at the front of your engine check the link
Golf 2006 tdi 140pd, dsg paddles,blue interior led lights,r32 rear bumper, cruise control,vcds,highline , r32 mfsw steering wheel, gti front bumper,miltek decat.

Offline Llew

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 09:03:01 am »
D and C in the picture on the link is where you need to be
Golf 2006 tdi 140pd, dsg paddles,blue interior led lights,r32 rear bumper, cruise control,vcds,highline , r32 mfsw steering wheel, gti front bumper,miltek decat.

Offline Kalpesh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 09:50:15 am »
the instructions state the below, so where would i spray this?

Warm up engine.
2) Remove flexible hose in the air intake system (Fig 1):
a) Situated between the turbocharger/intercooler and the air intake manifold (cleaning of air intake manifold and inlet valves) OR
b) Before turbo charger (cleaning of air intake system before turbo charger) OR
c) Before EGR valve (cleaning EGR valve), depending on which part you want to clean.
3) Start Engine, and let run at idle.
4) Spray the product in short intervals of 1 to 2 seconds into the air intake manifold (Fig 2). After
each pulverisation the engine rpm may increase or decrease; wait for engine rpm to stabilise before spraying again.
If during application the engine rpm decreases, accelerate a little to avoid stalling of the engine (up to approximately 2000rpm)
If during application the engine rpm increases or diesel knocking occurs, leave engine at idle during application. Do not accelerate!
5) On some vehicles application is easier with the use of the additional extension tube (fig 3)
6) Continue until the 200ml of product in the aerosol is consumed.
7) Let the engine run at idle for 2 minutes
8) Stop engine and re-connect air intake hose.
9) Start engine and accelerate the engine approximately 5 to 10 times; do not exceed 2500rpm, or drive for 3 to 5 miles.
10) Allow engine to idle again for at least one minute before stopping the engine.

Offline Llew

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 11:47:33 am »
Not sure but I think those instructions are not for bkd engine anyway to answer your question remove inlet labelled E and spray upwards but i doubt this would do much good for cleaning and (personally ) i wouldn't start the car while i am doing it

Offline Llew

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 11:58:31 am »
Hey kaplash the link i sent you is all you need the label C ( egr valve) is want you want to clean and label A (inlet manifold)as far as you can get up there without taking it off and maybe label D (asv) if its dirty when you have cleaned it give it about 30 mins to evaporate/dry off before refitting and starting the car ... After getting the crud off I use a toothbrush dipping it in petrol and scrubbing the inside of the valve ( I used petrol as the cleaning fluid because it evaporates well i hope this helps you

Offline Kalpesh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2013, 11:30:51 am »
Any more input on this? Has anyone actually used this cleaner?

Offline OSB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2013, 03:11:03 pm »
Read this thread - that's our contribution/response to the Youtube video.  :happy2:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,65981.0.html

BTW, part way through I mentioned about controlling the flow and preventing the bottle collapsing. I've sorted those 2 issues and have worked on getting a finer mist of solvent, so I'm going to try again in a couple of weeks. I'll post the results - If any!