Make a donation

Author Topic: Got Alleggeritas on, as well as warning light (1 pic added)  (Read 2108 times)

Peskarik

Got Alleggeritas on, as well as warning light (1 pic added)
« on: September 04, 2009, 08:31:56 pm »
Today got my black Alleggerita 18s on. Had to ditch the 10mm rear spacers (Oettinger-procured, and they are top-notch, so those who want spacers - forget about the "they fall apart" scare and just buy quality stuff).
At the same time had two Michelin PS2 installed on the front. The rear tyres are Michelin PE2 and they have about 3mm thread left, so will change them soon as well (next week, most likely).

When I left the OZ Racing representative, who fitted the tyres and the wheels, I got the tyre pressure light. Not really sure what that means - does it mean my original MonzaII's had pressure sensors and OZ alloys don't or does it mean air pressure is off?  :ashamed:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 09:04:31 pm by Peskarik »

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: Got Alleggeritas on, as well as warning light
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 08:33:38 pm »
^^^ Nope there is no sensor you just need to reset the system, just press and hold the TPS button until it goes "bong".

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 08:34:34 pm »
Today got my black Alleggerita 18s on. Had to ditch the 10mm rear spacers (Oettinger-procured, and they are top-notch, so those who want spacers - forget about the "they fall apart" scare and just buy quality stuff).
At the same time had two Michelin PS2 installed on the front. The rear tyres are Michelin PE2 and they have about 3mm thread left, so will change them soon as well (next week, most likely).

When I left the OZ Racing representative, who fitted the tyres and the wheels, I got the tyre pressure light. Not really sure what that means - does it mean my original MonzaII's had pressure sensors and OZ alloys don't or does it mean air pressure is off?  :ashamed:
pics please!

Peskarik

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 08:42:20 pm »
^^^ Nope there is no sensor you just need to reset the system, just press and hold the TPS button until it goes "bong".

Muchas gracias, amigo!  :drinking:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 08:45:20 pm »
how the hell have you not posted pictures  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 08:46:08 pm »
 :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

:worthless:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Golf R gone.

Peskarik

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 08:52:29 pm »

When I left the OZ Racing representative, who fitted the tyres and the wheels, I got the tyre pressure light. Not really sure what that means - does it mean my original MonzaII's had pressure sensors and OZ alloys don't or does it mean air pressure is off?  :ashamed:
pics please!

Sorry, Phil, can't do!
Came yesterday night from vacation in Kos, 8 days of heaven. Stable weather, nice sea (Paradise Beach is fantastic!). Enjoyed riding quads and buggies, as well as jet ski.  :happy2:
Come back home and find an email in my inbox posted the same day, saying my alloys are here.
So today had to leave work earlier and go straight to OZ Racing representative here in Switzerland.
Unfortunately, the weather is sh*t (heavy rain) and it was pretty dark when I left the shop so no pictures were possible with my Nokia phone.

The alloys look very nice. They do not look any smaller than original MonzaII, as someone here on the forum was implying.

All four of my Alleggeritas weigh 8.035kg (17.714lb), according to Italian guy named Sergio (which is in fact what my name would be if translated from Russian into Italian  :smiley: ). So not the expected 7.8kg, and not 7.4kg according to some people on the forum here.

Now I am somewhat scared that somebody will steal the wheels (my car stands on the street at night, right under my bedroom windows), or someone will steal the carbonfiber centers, which cost 20CHF each (that is about 15 euro).  :scared:

Peskarik

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 09:00:30 pm »
No, to be honest, I made one pic, as I couldn't resist.   :smiley:

Sorry about the quality and the angle. I made this with Nokia N82.

(I HAVE to get locking bolts!)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 09:02:35 pm by Peskarik »

Offline nc35

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 14
Re: Got Alleggeritas on, as well as warning light (1 pic added)
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 07:29:44 am »
Where do you park  :innocent:

Very nice rims, send more pics soon.

But get them locked ASAP
No Golf anymore. 
Enjoyed the last five years of ownership of Mk5 & 6 GTIs.
Plus an excellent forum for knowledge and new ways to deplete the bank account.
Thank You Everyone.

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 07:33:51 am »
VERY nice!!!!!!!!!!!

Your car is coming along so well now Peskarik!!!  :happy2:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2009, 10:25:47 am »

Extremely nice!! :notworthy: White cars suit black wheels the best imo.

Hopefully I'll have mine in a couple of weeks and seeing your pic has re-awakened my excitement (not difficult!).

My supplier is including McGards security bolts.

Re the weights, apparently each OZ wheel comes with a tag attached with its individual weight. The OZ website claims 7.4kg IIRC but 8.03kg does the job nicely.

Looking forward to more pics............Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! :notworthy:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!