Make a donation

Author Topic: Opinion Splitter - Range Rover, Bikers Gang  (Read 2862 times)

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 15
Opinion Splitter - Range Rover, Bikers Gang
« on: October 02, 2013, 09:15:33 am »
This video will probably split opinion if you haven’t seen it. The video has gone viral and being shared globally by car blogs, bikers pages etc. Two bikers who allegedly terrorised and beat a driver during a wild chase on the West Side Highway have been arrested — and one of the motorcyclists injured in the chaos may be paralysed for life.

The initial incident and chase was caught on videotape by a helmet camera by one of the bikers. Arrests have now been made due to the release of this video virally.

What do you think of the incident ?

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
Re: Opinion Splitter - Range Rover, Bikers Gang
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 09:37:38 am »
You know what gangs are like in America. First off if you were in the rangrover and all of a sudden you were surrounded by 100s of bikes that made you stop as you had no where to go and say started to threaten you I couldn't say what my instinct would be to do specially if I saw a gun! Not unlikely been in America. The bikers shouldn't have done that and then that wouldn't have happened. Plus if the guy in the rangrover got really hurt instead of driving over them the bikers would have buggered off no film footage would have come out and how would the police ever know witch biker it was that beat him up?

If I was a biker though and saw a guy run my mates over I'd be straight after him to so I can see that side of things but they shouldn't have surrounded him in the first place.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 09:40:30 am by TrickGTI »
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 09:41:54 am »
This has been banging around for a couple of days. The video has been cut so you don't know the first incident. I have to say if i had a gang of bikers surrounding my car trying to have a friendly chat and my child was in the car with me i would have done the same. and when they finally stop him at the end i would have been reversing over them and knocking them down like skittles to get away.
Even if he did something wrong initially to annoy them, they have no right to take the law into their own hands and do this.  :fighting:

Offline GTI5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 09:44:47 am »
At the start of the video it looks like 1 of the bikers break checked the Land Rover?

The driver was hardly going to stop and have a row with that lot!

Perhaps there was a previous altercation off camera? Surprised the doors weren't locked at one stage...
MK6 GTI Revo
MK5 GTI DSG - Gone

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 09:45:30 am »
Having read and listened to it all, I'm definitely on the side of the Range Rover driver... it's a shame he stopped in the city, should've just kept driving on the freeway until the cops turned up (no doubt they would have phoned them).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 03:32:16 pm by Scottymon »

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 01:12:55 pm »
This has been banging around for a couple of days. The video has been cut so you don't know the first incident. I have to say if i had a gang of bikers surrounding my car trying to have a friendly chat and my child was in the car with me i would have done the same. and when they finally stop him at the end i would have been reversing over them and knocking them down like skittles to get away.
Even if he did something wrong initially to annoy them, they have no right to take the law into their own hands and do this.  :fighting:

I completely agree. 

Drawing a conclusion from the whole thing, even bearing in mind footage i havent seen, there are hundreds of bikers on a carriageway, speeding up then slowing down, moving around the lanes casually and frequently whilst also sharing the road with other cars.  Im not surprised someone got ran over!!!

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 02:01:59 pm »
I saw this of facebook a few days and commented. Apparently the range rover had a family in. Given the circumstances I think i'd had done exactly the same, but I wouldn't slow down! I would try and get away whilst on the phone to the police. Or even drive to a police station.

Someone mentioned "typical". Unfortuantely it is partially true but one can't get too cynical. There are equally good bikers, I clearly see the bads every single day.

As TC said, it is cut, and we don't see the start of it.
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 02:06:49 pm »
Having seen the other video's from the biker that shot the footage, their riding styles and general behaviour on the road I think it was just a matter of time before something like this happened.
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 02:19:51 pm »
GTA ftw!  :grin:

As above I would have done all that was necessary to protect my family at the time. In some ways it's a shame this has gone viral as in the version I originally saw they named the driver so he will always be a target unless he's given a new identity.

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 02:27:38 pm »
more videos found here

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 02:44:32 pm »
Don't stop
Lock doors
Call police
Drive to police station.

If all else fails I'm in a range rover I will be victorious!  :signLOL:

The bikers accepted the risks when stopping the RR.

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 03:15:09 pm »
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/cops-hunt-bikers-wanted-wild-upper-manhattan-attack-article-1.1472419

Motorcyclist Christopher Cruz allegedly caused an accident with Alexian Lien when he cut off the SUV driver on Sunday. Lien, who was driving his wife and their 2-year-old, stopped but fled when a group of bikers began to damage his Range Rover — and Lien plowed into rider Edwin Mieses, who's been left paralyzed, his mother says.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/cops-hunt-bikers-wanted-wild-upper-manhattan-attack-article-1.1472419#ixzz2gZdSk4cy

So a biker caused the crash and the RR driver sped off after being attacked whilst his wife and 2 year old were in the car.  They then caught up and beat/slashed him up in front of his family.

I personally can see nothing wrong with what that guy did. 

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 03:18:02 pm »
I cant either, neither can the police as the driver is not being charged over the incident

I do fear though that this will not be the end of the hassle for the driver

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 03:25:08 pm »
I do fear though that this will not be the end of the hassle for the driver

He should claim damages for this, not just for himself but also for his wife and daughter!!!