Make a donation

Author Topic: APR Stage 2 and APR RSC Exhaust..update...1st Evaluation Report.  (Read 13213 times)

Offline Msportman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 9
Re: APR Stage 2 and APR RSC Exhaust..update...now fitted!!
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2009, 04:46:19 pm »
nice one  :happy2:
wads of choice now, although knowing Msportman I suspect I know which one he'll go for  :wink: :signLOL:

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Got this reply yesterday from Keith @ APR:

For your car, I would only recommend the Carbonio due to some issues with resizing the MAF housing.  The Carbonio replaces the front scoop and air filter but maintains the oem maf housing and airbox.  It does provide a real 7-10 hp and torque on average.  Because the oem airbox is maintained the sound volume is only slightly elevated not like a "filter on a stick" loudness at all.  The Stage 2 ecu upgrade is great with or without an intake as its not enough of a difference to warrant a specific calibration.

I hope to be on the forums alot!  I am trying to devote at least 2 hours a day to UK forums.

Further evaluation on APR Stage 2.

I went out today after altering my KW settings further and tried stock performance programme 1. This programme feels even more proggressive and is superbly judged with the APR RSC. The lower torque levels and is an ideal rain/winter programme with slippery conditions. It also gives a good turn of speed on the motorway and the power is mellowed out with the lack of back pressure it feels less aggressive lower down the rev range than with the stock exhaust but pulls cleaner and stronger higher up.
I tried the cornering abilities on a few of my favourite stretches including a couple of roundabouts with ESP engaged and it was surprised at the high degree of stability and little roll there is on the Clubsports....I doubt that I will be changing the ARB's.
ESP does a really good job with the Clubsports which give better front end bite and traction but I have found switching off ESP on the stock programme means that traction is easier moddulated than on the stock suspension. The extra camber deffinately helps !

Switching to Stage 2 again I have found a less aggressive approach to high speed cornering is key with the huge torque levels. I experimented on a couple of bends with ESP on and off and found that slow in hoofing out in a higher gear was less successful than slighty higher entry speed using 4th gear torque. Washing wide and general wheel spin was greatly reduced and the diesel like torque pulls the car out incredibly well especially out of low speed corners (country roads).

A diff would  deffinately help for ultimate road and track work but it can wait. I'm hoping to hold onto the car for the time being. As a package it is incredible even the EBC Yellowstuff pads and Motul fluid has made a huge improvement over stock pads.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 04:55:00 pm by Msportman »
Pearl Black Edition 30 3 Door. DSG. (3rd Edition 30)
Maybe on the too do list: APR Stage 2+, KW Clubsports, Brakes, Diff.

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 18
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email
Re: APR Stage 2 and APR RSC Exhaust booked @ Awesome!
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2009, 06:33:59 pm »

I'll find out...I'm not looking for peak figures but delivery....smoother the better.

Did You manage to find out if they had updated the ko4 maps :happy2:

Offline Msportman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: APR Stage 2 and APR RSC Exhaust..update...1st Evaluation Report.
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2009, 04:08:12 pm »
Yes the ED30 maps were optimised last year by APR. They were at Awesome for 4 days optimising their ED30 map.   

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2009, 10:31:01 pm »
Wonder if they did anything to the Cupra Map :smiley:

Offline Msportman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2009, 10:34:37 pm »

Similar code but different box code....give Awesome a bell...speak to Jim or Dean.

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2009, 10:38:56 pm »

Similar code but different box code....give Awesome a bell...speak to Jim or Dean.

Thanks  :happy2: