Make a donation

Author Topic: My new Mk5 GTI project!  (Read 2440 times)

Offline RAMBEAU

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
My new Mk5 GTI project!
« on: April 25, 2014, 04:01:26 am »
So my story starts with me having to sell my honda civic just because it had got me into alot of trouble and i needed something a little low key.
A friend of mine works at a vw dealer and picked me up a nice mk5 with 100k on the clock with 1 woman previous owner from new. really chuffed with it when i got it and really didnt think i would like it as much as i do.
and thats when sh*t hit the fan because i thought when buying this golf that i had left the modding scene behind me but i was sorely mistaken as i can feel it taking over my life again..

so as of yet im not entirely sure what i want to do with it but atm my aim is to get it up to the 300bhp mark and see how i feel from there..(which i know even now will lead to me inevitably wanting more out of it)

i have been speaking to reuben at Tuningwerks with my intetions with what i want to do with the golf and he seems like hes a genuine guy that knows his stuff and is going to help me do what is necessary to get what i want out of my car without spending unnecessary money on crap or work that dosent need doing.

I just recently had a VW racing CAI orderd and fitted at Tuningwerks and i can highly recommend it if like me you want a functional not in your face, nice sounding intake..

i also had to get the sound setup in my car as i love music. so went and bought a W530BT Alpine Doubledin headunit with a small 8"sub and amp box which is also alpine. the sub and amp mix is kind of like those crapy FLI box things you get.. but in no way in the same league the sound quality the small light weight sub puts out is imense and would highly recomend it if you want some nice bass withouht weighing your car down. and also the extra power the headunit puts out to the standerd door speakers makes a massive improvement and as far im happy with my sounds and now finished with that.

whilst i was at the shop getting my sub fitted i also thought might aswell get some tints put on the rear windows.

So as i stand im currently in two minds with where to go in regards to going to see r-tech in leicster or go down the road to tuningwerks and get a APR remap?
What exhaust to get?
and What wheels to get?

Im also currently looking for an edition 30 front lip which as soon as i get im going to get sprayed with the side skirts and also the rearbumper due to some scratches and i want it colour coded, at the same time as that i will get a few scratches and dents that it has accumaletd over the years removed.

just orderd a new rear badge/handle due to white worm so should hopefully be expecting that tommorow morning..
and also you cant see it in the pics but the headlights hadbad oxidization and were like terning green in areas so spent the entire afternoon sanding and polishing my headlights and hope after the condesation has disapered they will look really good, they at the moment look a sh*t load better than before i started which thinking now i should have really taken some before and after shots but allways foget till its too late.

will be keeping my progress updated on hear now so hope you enjoy my project and i havent bored you off already by this speech i have typed hear.

Offline RAMBEAU

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: My new Mk5 GTI project!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 04:40:28 am »

these are a few pics of my car that i took 2 days after i bought it and had littelry just got back from having it washed after getting the sub and tints fitted.

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 06:15:11 am »
Looks smart mate!!!
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline RAMBEAU

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 02:26:47 pm »
cheers mate. yea it just really needs a new pair of shoes tho.. these are a few sets i have in mind:

this just came in the post.. so as soon as it stops raining im going to go put it on.

Offline Dave7692

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 02:31:09 pm »
The car looks really smart, I've got normal BBS CH  Motorsports on my Golf, they look really smart IMO without being too much of a pain to clean haha.  The Black/Grey could look really good against the silver car.

Offline stuart-88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101197.0.html
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 07:27:11 pm »
The car looks really smart, I've got normal BBS CH  Motorsports on my Golf, they look really smart IMO without being too much of a pain to clean haha.  The Black/Grey could look really good against the silver car.

X2, can't go wrong with CH's  :smiley:

Instagram: stu_nc88

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 08:49:36 pm »
Welcome mate  :happy2:

mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline RAMBEAU

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 02:25:19 am »
yea the CH's are really nice and at 1 point was leaning towards them but atm im kinda feeling for the sportek mono's with polished face. like this..

little update.. So as the weather today was better than yesterday i decided to crack on with replacing the rear badge which i advise if u want to take of the plastic around the boot to get to the handle that u have some 1 with u to help as it is a bitch to get off. but after that no real problem apart from 1 of the screws for the badge is a real bitch to get too and if your lucky like i was it will only be on basically finger tight.

and with the new 1..

people were saying that it sticks out a lil compared to the stock 1 but i dont really see it. just glad thats done now, tho after i did that decided to give the car another clean and kinda cleaned the bay but gonna give it a proper go tommorw with some proper engine bay cleaner. the woman who last owned this car didnt really wash it much which is why alot of crap started growing on the headlights and grill so litterly spent like an hour and a half with a tooth brush cleaning every single lil gap in the grill... long! but atleast its done now...

Offline JaseGti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
    • Remoteclothing
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 10:27:44 am »
Looks good bro nice badge  :jumpmove:
CW is the way forwards

Remoteclothing.com

Offline RAMBEAU

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 04:15:23 pm »
Looks good bro nice badge  :jumpmove:

yea cheers mate, thanks again for the badge. just a few more pics of the engine bay and my audio setup.