Make a donation

Author Topic: A few photos of black OZ Racing Alleggerita HLT 8x18  (Read 16522 times)

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: A few photos of black OZ Racing Alleggerita HLT 8x18
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 07:31:02 pm »
Same as you.  :star:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 07:36:56 pm »

The OZ Alleggerita's tend to look smaller whatever colour they are. This is because the spokes don't extend onto the 'sidewall' of the rim as they do on other designs. I think the reason for this is probably to give structural strength - Many other lightweight motorsport wheels have the same spoke design feature, for example that Aussie car posted.

Having OZ Alleggerita's or Team Dynamics isn't all about eye-candy. There's plenty eye-candy rims out there if that's what's wanted.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 07:50:01 pm »

I personally think the wheels look ugly as sin. I nearly bought some a couple of months back for track days only, purely down to the weight saving. I could not live with the look as a daily wheel.  :sick: the only car that could carry them off on this forum for a everyday wheel would be Mat's because his car looks hard as nails with a bit of attitude.  :laugh:

All my opinion of course  :wink: :happy2:

....But Mat's doesn't look much different from WhiteGTI's and neither look hugely different from Peskarik's - The main difference in their look is some black vinyl.

At a quick glance, black TD's look fairly similar to the OZ Leggy's except that the TD's are much more shiny and aren't quite as open, having three(?) more spokes. Difference in price is a totally separate consideration and nothing to do with how they look.

I honestly don't know what my 'Titanium' colour OZ's will look like when on the car - I might not like them!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 09:19:19 pm by RedRobin »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 07:59:09 pm »
Same as you.  :star:

SSCCHHHHWWWEEEEEEEEEET :jumpmove:
Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 08:00:05 pm »

I personally think the wheels look ugly as sin. I nearly bought some a couple of months back for track days only, purely down to the weight saving. I could not live with the look as a daily wheel.  :sick: the only car that could carry them off on this forum for a everyday wheel would be Mat's because his car looks hard as nails with a bit of attitude.  :laugh:

All my opinion of course  :wink: :happy2:

....But Mat's doesn't look much different from WhiteGTI's and neither look hugely different from Peskarik's - The main difference in their look is some black vinyl.

At a quick glance, black TD's look fairly similar to the OZ Leggy's except that the TD's are much more shiny and aren't quite as open, having more spokes. Difference in price is a totally separate consideration and nothing to do with how they look.

I honestly don't know what my 'Titanium' colour OZ's will look like when on the car - I might not like them!

Don't worry Robin......if you don't like'em I'll take them off your hands :signLOL:
Golf R gone.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 08:08:53 pm »

I personally think the wheels look ugly as sin. I nearly bought some a couple of months back for track days only, purely down to the weight saving. I could not live with the look as a daily wheel.  :sick: the only car that could carry them off on this forum for a everyday wheel would be Mat's because his car looks hard as nails with a bit of attitude.  :laugh:

At a quick glance, black TD's look fairly similar to the OZ Leggy's except that the TD's are much more shiny and aren't quite as open, having one more spoke. Difference in price is a totally separate consideration and nothing to do with how they look.

Dont take it to heart Robin, you have frequently voiced your opinion's on members new wheels favorably or not.
I find the look of them ugly whether they are for fast road or track.
I would have them instantly if i could justify the cost purely for maybe 5 track days a year at the most.
But the look of the car is just as important to me as the speed and handling characteristics, I cant help that my Mother bought me hundred's of matchbox cars when i was a child.  :signLOL:
If i wanted a wheel that filled both shoes, then i personally would look at something like MR Danza's  or some of those forged Volks.  :smiley: :happy2:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 08:26:41 pm »
Which ones?

I like the Allegs, no way would I fork the money out for them when PR1.2s are available, but I certainly wouldn't sniff at being given a set!! They look lovely on Peskarik's car IMO.

Stuff can be as ugly as you like for track use, but that's when cost vs benefit comes in.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 09:10:35 pm by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 08:54:38 pm »

:star: :star:  :notworthy:
thank u

At a quick glance, black TD's look fairly similar to the OZ Leggy's except that the TD's are much more shiny and aren't quite as open, having one more spoke. Difference in price is a totally separate consideration and nothing to do with how they look.

yes Robin but we all know he copied mine dont we as it was me who started the whole car wrap idea on the site  :laugh: :booty:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 09:05:00 pm »

But the look of the car is just as important to me as the speed and handling characteristics, I cant help that my Mother bought me hundred's of matchbox cars when i was a child.  :signLOL:

:congrats:
X2

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2009, 09:09:06 pm »

make your own minds up but both wheels are cool but u cant argue with the price of TD
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 09:11:01 pm by MAT ED30 »

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2009, 09:09:55 pm »

Dont take it to heart Robin, you have frequently voiced your opinion's on members new wheels favorably or not.
I find the look of them ugly whether they are for fast road or track.
I would have them instantly if i could justify the cost purely for maybe 5 track days a year at the most.
But the look of the car is just as important to me as the speed and handling characteristics, I cant help that my Mother bought me hundred's of matchbox cars when i was a child.  :signLOL:
If i wanted a wheel that filled both shoes, then i personally would look at something like MR Danza's  or some of those forged Volks.  :smiley: :happy2:

....No problem whatsoever, mate :happy2: - In fact I support you giving an honest opinion whether it's different or opposite to mine or not.

I bet you still wish you had all those Matchbox cars. My generation was Dinkey toys including a Vulcan IIRC - Hedge would give me serious money if I still had that!

Like yourself, I (and many others here) like to dial in some looks with my functional choice. It's partly why I chose the Leggy's - They have a 'titanium' finish and I didn't want black.

:drinking:

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2009, 09:55:43 pm »
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d122/mat138l/betterpicsofnewwheels003noplate.jpg[/img]

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d122/mat138l/newpicsofwheelsagain006colouredl-2.jpg[/img]

make your own minds up but both wheels are cool but u cant argue with the price of TD

Whatever the case, that's still a sweet ride.

/dude

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2009, 10:53:28 pm »

....Absolutely! The TD's are excellent value for money. It's yet another prime example showing that common sense or money aren't always the deciding factors in our choices.

:happy2:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2009, 11:14:15 pm »

:star: :star:  :notworthy:
thank u

yes Robin but we all know he copied mine dont we as it was me who started the whole car wrap idea on the site  :laugh: :booty:

Hahaha!  :smiley:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2009, 11:15:50 pm »
My cat has been sitting on mine for weeks now, I wish the brakes would hurry up and arrive.  :party: :party: