Make a donation

Author Topic: BBS RS GT 2 PIECE SPLIT RIM WHEELS  (Read 941 times)

Offline garrardrj

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
BBS RS GT 2 PIECE SPLIT RIM WHEELS
« on: October 14, 2013, 10:06:36 pm »
http://www.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/wheel/?wheel=bbs_rs-gt_forged_split-rim_ss&colour=silver

What is so special about these wheels ? Why so much money ?

I think i am a bit of a novice when it comes to wheels , i like nice ones but these seem to be forged too , which damage really easily , same a forged Golf clubs .

But to put soft material wheels on cars on our sh!t roads seems madness , or are they just for shows ?
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: BBS RS GT 2 PIECE SPLIT RIM WHEELS
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 10:18:03 pm »
You can actually do research on the internet you know before asking on here.  :stupid:
Forged wheels are stronger. The idea is you can design a lightweight wheel and it will still be strong enough for normal driving.  If you look at most normal lightweight wheels they are more prone to buckling  or bending on a curb because there is less material making them light. Forged wheels make them stronger using  less material. Obviously the process of making forged wheels costs more than normal castings or all wheels would be forged.
You need to ask the companies why certain wheels cost the price they do. Just because you dont like them doesn't mean they cant charge what they want.  :wink:
and as for the ones for sale to which you are referring to, all metal can bend if you hit it hard enough the damage on those wheels would be worse if they were not forged not the other way round as you appear to be assuming.  :happy2: